Half Life 2 for $34.99 Free Shipping!

Price is now $35.99 w/ free shipping

Ordered anyway, I'm betting this is the best price around come launch day. Which begs the question...Why couldn't they have cut us a deal through steam, you know?

If outpost can offer us a better deal as a B&M with an online component, why can't a virtual store pass along the savings. Just curious.

Thanks for the heads up eminor, great find

T

Thank you, this is the best price I've seen so far. We'll probably have to wait a day or three after the day of release, but we won't have to deal with getting to local shops before they're out of stock either...

Does outpost charge your card before shipping or the same day it ships? I don't want to be faced with a "backorder" I've already paid for and then have to go out and buy the game..

steam charges you $59.99 for silver because not only do you get hl2 and cs:s but you get all other available games, including cs:cz and cz:deleted scenes. so that justifies the extra $20

i think its pretty understandable that you would get a better deal buying from a store than online. Think of it this way: Buying online is hassle free, lazy, quick and effecient. That is the luxery you are paying for. Not to mention the outstanding bandwidth provided by hosting such a large game. It is probably cheaper for valve to have the game wrapped in a retail box sitting on a shelf that you yourself have to go grab.

49.99 for Halflife 2 w/ CS:Source

I went for the 59.99 package which includes all of the older stuff and Halflife Source.

It was 8gb total, but I downloaded it in under an hour.

No cd's to worry about (or cracks), and when I get a new machine, I can just download it again.

Damn, dead already. Now the question is - will they honor other people's preorders?

WOW...that deal didn't last long enough. I wonder if VU saw this and said to themselves WTF and told them to change it to 49.99 because then the online store wouldn't be undercutting VU. This begs the question of how much is HL:2 at cost? Seems to me that VU and Valve will make alot of money over steam. I point my finger at the 17 month delay. They are trying to make up for lost time by making the game this high.

uvi said:
i think its pretty understandable that you would get a better deal buying from a store than online. Think of it this way: Buying online is hassle free, lazy, quick and effecient. That is the luxery you are paying for. Not to mention the outstanding bandwidth provided by hosting such a large game. It is probably cheaper for valve to have the game wrapped in a retail box sitting on a shelf that you yourself have to go grab.

It costs more to have it retail. You have to buy shelf space in the store (in turn the store wants a profit form the game too), pay for packaging, manufacturing, shipping and all that crap to get it retail. Online it is a simple download, with no physical product being given to the consumer. How can you possibly think it would be cheaper retail?

Back