Half-Life 2 on sale at the Best Buy in Niles, IL

laserdemon said:
Im thinking with BB selling it today in mass...from what ive seen.....we may be playing by tomorrow...but i would not bet my life on it.
why not.. you have nothing to lose ;)

BB is kennesaw georgia has the regular HL2 boxes on sale when i went in..
meant to ask about hte CE version, but the CS line was way too long

evildre said:
Nope, they're Italian ... don't remember the city, but they're from Calabria. They have a basement, but it's not finished yet :D
Wicked, Mr. Dre. I had a gf like that. Their whole house was plastic and you had to wipe the shower walls down after you took a shower??? BUT i would clean her stove or whatever after she captured HL2 for you. What a nice lady. Have a nice day. :D

the BB in bloomington/NOrmal Illinois isnt selling it yet and WIll not until the 16th got into a fight today with them
they told me all the other bestbuys got in trouble and are pulling them

magoo said:
Wicked, Mr. Dre. I had a gf like that. Their whole house was plastic and you had to wipe the shower walls down after you took a shower??? BUT i would clean her stove or whatever after she captured HL2 for you. What a nice lady. Have a nice day. :D

Most definitely ... the stove in the pic has since been replaced with an electric one, so that makes for an easy task ;) She goes out of her way to make me feel good, and I do the same for her and even that makes me feel good, so I'm keepin' her.

bipolar said:
The street date is advertised as being next Tuesday. They have no obligation to make the game playable until then. This would fall under the same section of the law as those signs businesses hang on the wall that read "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone".
They are refusing you service until next Tuesday.

Of course, maybe you're right, and could win a multimillion dollar lawsuit against Valve. If so, why waste your time here -- go forth and become rich.

Well I am right, but I also don't care about waiting a couple days and I'm not a litigious person. ;)

Joe Smith buying a game from Best Buy probably has no idea about what Valve's self proclaimed "street date" is. Only us geeks here know that, and we are hardly the common game consumer. :p

... unlock it on Monday instead of Friday, when people who have jobs won't be able to play it!

Moronic companies...

conscript said:
haven't really read this thread have you? :rolleyes:

well the dude with the wallpaper from deviantart has the games in steam as my games not as comming soon ... so cant he play them ?

hell
someone put some screens from the beta/leaked/thingy that was out a year ago ... just you know ... to calm my nerves down

Hyper_Psycho said:
well the dude with the wallpaper from deviantart has the games in steam as my games not as comming soon ... so cant he play them ?

hell
someone put some screens from the beta/leaked/thingy that was out a year ago ... just you know ... to calm my nerves down

That was probably a photoshop job or Steam going bonkers like someone said before, game isn't playable. And the leak a year ago wasn't really very playable either (missing enemies, textures, etc.).

Impulse said:
That was probably a photoshop job or Steam going bonkers like someone said before, game isn't playable. And the leak a year ago wasn't really very playable either (missing enemies, textures, etc.).

the leak was fun
some maps had AI baddies and others ended in textureless enviroments ... fun stuff

grrr
i need to format my computer to play this game ...
if i dl it from steam
and then format
can I dl once more ?
can I play with the same steam name / pass from different computers ?
lets say i wanna CS at college with my laptop
and half life at home ..

Hyper_Psycho said:
...grrr
i need to format my computer to play this game ...
if i dl it from steam
and then format
can I dl once more ?
can I play with the same steam name / pass from different computers ?
lets say i wanna CS at college with my laptop
and half life at home ..

You can re-DL it as many times as you wish. You can even back up the files to CD/DVD before you format and when you load up Steam it'll recognize the gfc files and you'll avoid some DL time. Try typing steam://backup in your browser.

You should be able to play with the same Steam name on different computers, you won't be able to use one name simultaneously on multiple computers though. What you mentioned should be fine I think (laptop at college, PC at home).

Impulse said:
You can re-DL it as many times as you wish. You can even back up the files to CD/DVD before you format and when you load up Steam it'll recognize the gfc files and you'll avoid some DL time. Try typing steam://backup in your browser.

You should be able to play with the same Steam name on different computers, you won't be able to use one name simultaneously on multiple computers though. What you mentioned should be fine I think (laptop at college, PC at home).

oooh that sounds pretty friggin awesome .... mmmmm

i wonder why Vivendi is holding steam back. Valve shouldn't care about what Vivdendi thinks anymore, they should just go on their own after this. fuk the middle man.

JediFonger said:
i wonder why Vivendi is holding steam back. Valve shouldn't care about what Vivdendi thinks anymore, they should just go on their own after this. fuk the middle man.

Vivendi is doing it because they can, and because from a business perspective it makes all the sense in the world. Valve can't rely solely on Steam because despite how well the service may perform I'm willing to bet the vast majority of their sales are still conducted thru retail. Even if they weren't you still need a publisher for PR chores among other things.

evildre said:
Most definitely ... the stove in the pic has since been replaced with an electric one, so that makes for an easy task ;) She goes out of her way to make me feel good, and I do the same for her and even that makes me feel good, so I'm keepin' her.
You are a nice man. Tell me you are really going to wait until christmas to load up the HL2!!!!! :cool:

JediFonger said:
Yes but would valve have anything to do if it wasnt for vivendi/sierra.Life was so much easier when there was just stuff like HL1 and Nascar racing 4???? I really think this is all part of the hype.... look at all the chatter all over the place about this game. I still dont agree with the activation stuff since I rarely play online but it just seems a bit much. Another thought, isnt BB a national chain after all?? who decides if this stuff leaks out??? has anyone seen anyone else get a jump on salese?? like circuit city or EB???? just another penny's worth. have a nice day. :D

EB broke the date frist and took it up the ass for it a bunch of ppl lost there jobs not just staff managers too

Elios said:
EB broke the date frist and took it up the ass for it a bunch of ppl lost there jobs not just staff managers too

Lamers ...

why not just sell the game early and have an activation night party or something

conscript said:
very true, but there are also consumer protection laws, and if there are restrictons to using that license, then they must be presented before the purchase, not afterwards when you get it home and open up the box. I have yet to agree to a EULA while I was at best buy.

looks like a california court agrees with me (see front page :D )

Back