Half Life 2 Stuttering Bad after update

Mac[X-D]

[H]ard|Gawd
Well HL2 has been running great on my system max detail 1280x1024 4x AA 8x AF

but yesterday steam updated HL2 and now the stutters like mad, i have all the latest drivers for everything, i have tried valves fixes my hardware accel in dxdiag is turn on to basic, i have the in game audio settings to 2 speakers, low quality sound and still it turns in to a slide show and i am really starting to hate it. and the other thing is extreme load times between levels and entering the game its crazy.

so is anyone else suffering from this? does anyone have any for sure fixes or things that will help?

any help would be great, thnx

Mac.

Your not running the 5.2 CATS are you??? If you are you will need to switch back to the 5.1's. The 5.2's have bugs in them for HL2. I know it's a pain but that should fix the issue. I'd run some type of driver cleaner before switching back.

I hope that helps!!

interesting....since the update to CS (with the new maps) my gaming experience has been degraded also. I seem to suffer from massive lag spikes every so often and the game just feels more jittery. Could our issues be related? Its weird. But I cant pin it on the update 100%. I think my network maybe having some issues too. I cant place it.

Ok rick i will give the 5.1's a try.

syphon i haven't tried cs yet but hl2 is playing like a load a crap.

thnx for the input guys.

Mac.

Back