Hanns-G 28" LCD monitor $340 shipped @ newegg

Ok damn, now that is nice. I have the viewsonic version of this monitor and it was a deal for $450. Its a TN, so don't bother if you have any angles to deal with. I originally had it 6" higher due to a 2nd tier on my desk and the top was discolored. Removed the tier and I've been extremely happy ever since. If you're looking straight on its a fantastic monitor though.

$449 now.

I picked one of these up 2 weeks ago for $399. Great monitor.

Ugh, I bought this thing at $400 a week before it went on sale for $340, asked if they would credit me, no go. Gave me some BS about how it was $450 now so too bad. Jerks.

Edit: Forgot to add -- I love the monitor :) it's really a great picture, and the brightness is amazing :)

I'd rather get the one from BB. The one Newegg sells is the older model 281, not the newer 289HJB.

BB has the 289HJB on sale right now for $399.99 and if you don't like it you can return it for a full refund. :)

I thought BB had a 15% restocking fee now.

I have returned about 15 or so items to BB this year total price I would estimate at 2500. Not once have I been charged a restock fee though i do believe it is in their return policy.

These monitors are ass. Compared to my dell the viewing angle is horrible, the backlighting is bad, and has horrible contrast. I would suggest buying a 24" instead. Its 28" but uses same resolution as native 24. I would not recommend this monitor to anybody. My friend uses ita nd it just pains me looking at it. Its the same argument people give with the 37westy tvs but look how big and cheap it is. Its cheap for a reason :D Much rather use native 24" than a tv like 37inch.

The Hanns G is not a bad monitor for the price. My friend owns a computer store and sells the shite out of them. The Dell IPS and PVA monitors are to damn expensive for some folks. They are better, but you certainly do get what you pay for. This is a great deal, no matter how you look at it.

monitor is fine i have owned one for about a year. sure the colors are not as good as more expensive lcds but its not worth 100's of dollars more for slightly better colors. viewing angle who cares why would u be looking at the screen in an angle any ways. the only thing i really complain on this monitor is that it cannot do blacks very well but most lcds are not good with black jus this is a little worst. For gaming this monitor is awsome.

I wouldn't mind jumping on this... but their return policy is yucky. Hopefully I can get a deal at a store of bricks

monitor is fine i have owned one for about a year. sure the colors are not as good as more expensive lcds but its not worth 100's of dollars more for slightly better colors. viewing angle who cares why would u be looking at the screen in an angle any ways. .

For me its important because I like to have three monitors now since at 24 and up I find its difficult to find a good setup for two monitors. Also at this size I would think that you have to be a lot more dead center then you would on like a 17 inch.

My biggest reason though is I find that TN panels, I don't know if its because of viewing angle or some other reason with the technology don't look good at all rotated and being able to rotate monitors is awesome for websurfing (esp forums) and reading documents.

I wouldn't mind jumping on this... but their return policy is yucky. Hopefully I can get a deal at a store of bricks

Costco has the same monitor for $399 [current price at the egg] and their returns are super easy

For me its important because I like to have three monitors now since at 24 and up I find its difficult to find a good setup for two monitors. Also at this size I would think that you have to be a lot more dead center then you would on like a 17 inch.

My biggest reason though is I find that TN panels, I don't know if its because of viewing angle or some other reason with the technology don't look good at all rotated and being able to rotate monitors is awesome for websurfing (esp forums) and reading documents.

Consider revising....... I got tired of re-reading this and not having a f*cking clue what you are saying.

i think i kinda get what ur saying something about 2 monitors and having dual monitor with these are kinda of hard because of the viewing angles. well if you are going dual monitors i would think you would have plenty of money to go for something better. so for a single monitor this does the job very good.

Consider revising....... I got tired of re-reading this and not having a f*cking clue what you are saying.

Summary, or atleast I think I'm right

It's important. With 3 large monitors, its hard to view all the screens at the perfect angle.

I'm guessing he means it looks bad after rotating the monitors 90 degrees to see long websites/documents.

i received my I-Inc version of this monitor today (ordered it cyber monday from tiger for $299 with $1.99 shipping). it shows up in my comp as Hanns G. from what i can see it does blacks pretty damn good imo.

Summary, or atleast I think I'm right

It's important. With 3 large monitors, its hard to view all the screens at the perfect angle.

I'm guessing he means it looks bad after rotating the monitors 90 degrees to see long websites/documents.

Yes basically.

Sorry I had to type that fast before because I was busy.

With large monitors I don't like having 2 of them because if you sit between the two I find it awkward (and you will have bad angles) and if you put only one off to the side it seems weird. With three you will usually have some out of the corner of your eyes so if you glance at it, it may be hard to read.

The second part is right on, I like to rotate my monitors (once again have 3 gives me the flexibility to almost always have one this way) for large documents and webpages. Its also nice for vertical games, retro stuff and scrolling shooters, but that probably doesn't effect most people and I prefer not to play those on LCD's if I can also.

i think i kinda get what ur saying something about 2 monitors and having dual monitor with these are kinda of hard because of the viewing angles. well if you are going dual monitors i would think you would have plenty of money to go for something better. so for a single monitor this does the job very good.

I disagree with this statement. Generally multiple monitors is the cheaper option, and I find it to be more productive. Two 24's is almost certainly going to cost you less than 1 30 inch. I think over a month I got my 3 matching MVA 24 inches for 270 + 243+ 300 so about 800 dollars about a year ago, which was under any 30 inch I knew at the time.

I'm not a big anti-TN guy, knowing what panel it is effects the value of the monitor for different people and it can be very confusing so its good to discuss it, so I think its bad to just say its a value monitor don't hope for more than TN.

got mine yesterday. Blows my Soyo 24" away. Im happy

No costco where I live :( or frys

costco.com I know than its virtually the same as newegg then but their returns won't have the 15% restock fee amongst other things should not everything work out

Do you know if you have the 2-3ms Soyo or the 6ms one?

Most anything would blow a Soyo away :p

I don't think you know what your talking about.

The 6ms 24in Soyo's are MVA panels (these are the ones I have) and are the best value in monitors I have seen so far.

Ok damn, now that is nice. I have the viewsonic version of this monitor and it was a deal for $450. Its a TN, so don't bother if you have any angles to deal with. I originally had it 6" higher due to a 2nd tier on my desk and the top was discolored. Removed the tier and I've been extremely happy ever since. If you're looking straight on its a fantastic monitor though.

What are you talking about? I love mine. Looks the same from an angle. I try to sit directly in front of my monitor though instead of tilting it off to the side.

I did say it was great after I adjusted the position. My original problem was that the center of the monitor was about 6" above eye level. This caused the top half of the monitor to appear very discolored. It does appear to be more of an issue with looking at it from a vertical angle as opposed to a horizontal angle.

It is a great monitor though, especially for the price.

for those still awake and want this monitor, order it from Newegg with paypal after midnight PST to get another $50 off (15% off according to the other thread).

It'll be $299 then.

for those still awake and want this monitor, order it from Newegg with paypal after midnight PST to get another $50 off (15% off according to the other thread).

It'll be $299 then.

Yep, and with 3% ebates or 2.75% live cashback, save an additional $7-$10.

Back