Hans G - 28" HG-281DPB

IceWeasel

[H]ard|Gawd
At what price point does this monitor become a [H]ot Deal? A co-worker of mine is trying to get rid of one, and has already dropped it down to $300 after a week.

I'm trying to figure out at what point this will be too good to pass up... If I can get him down to $250, should I jump on it? Right now I'm on a AOC 2217V 22" at 1680x1050.

I wonder if my Lenovo T61 will handle the 28" :)

You can get one new from costco for 329 +tax/shipping.

Any reason why he is trying to get rid of it? I just bought one last month and it has been great. If you can get it for under 300 I would say it is a good deal.

If the monitor has no problems then I wouldn't mind paying $300. Beats buying from online stores as you can inspect it for issues, such as dead pixels.

I'm not sure why he's selling it. I would obviously ask him before buying and inspecting it. Right now I've just seen his emails on our mailer list. Just thinking it over and wondering what I should try to talk him down to.

I was hoping to try talking him down to $250...

Try to talk him down, if he says no you buy it for $300 and still come out good.

Commencing early negotiations.. :)

I figure if I can sell my AOC 22" for $150 (bought it for $90), then I'm only looking at spending $190 or so on this guy. (If I can talk him down to $250)

negotiations failed! He won't budge from $300 :( oh well, it was a good day dream for today!

Back