Happy Birthday Nikola Tesla!

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
You may recognize the name and associate it with the Tesla Coil, but there was much more to the man. He was for lack of a better term, the first real geek, not the auto maker. :D

“Tesla is like a character out of a science-fiction novel, the quintessential mad genius,” journalist Tom McNichol told Wired.com by e-mail. McNichol authored AC/DC: The Savage Tale of the First Standards War, a deadly serious but sometimes hilarious chronicle of Tesla and Edison’s battle for electrical supremacy, “Whether he was more mad than genius depends on who you’re talking to.”

I watched the Modern Marvels episode dedicated to him and was astonished at all that he invented. Items commonly credited to others where actually his ideas.

I watched the Modern Marvels episode dedicated to him and was astonished at all that he invented. Items commonly credited to others where actually his ideas.

Yea and it all worked too. I want to know what happened to the things he invented and were taken and hidden away.

They were fixed with a small power source an attached to a bio suit and then called Tesla Troopers

More importantly, Happy Birthday to Ronnie James Dio!

You've got the Power!
Stand up and Shout!!!

Tesla... it seems that it is only now that people are proving the value in his Wardencliffe tower. Wireless transmission of electricity is finally happening, one room at a time... ;_;

i Love that picture of him on the front page. He's giving the camera a look for everyone to see and he's saying in those eyes, "I know shit you've never even dreamed of."

Yea and it all worked too. I want to know what happened to the things he invented and were taken and hidden away.

It truly does make you wonder what exactly was in all the documents that the US government took from his apartment.

It truly does make you wonder what exactly was in all the documents that the US government took from his apartment.

From what I've read, it was done mainly for precaution. The govt. didn't know what he had, but they weren't going to take the chance, especially during a war, to have anything leak out. That's not to say that they aren't holding back something that they took, but it wasn't a purposeful action to take specific plans for some crazy device,

Also, I'm very intrigued by his "earthquake machine". It used resonance frequency to take down buildings and bridges (allegedly). More interesting is if you've seen the mythbuster's episode on it. They were nearly 100% convinced that it would not work on a large scale, but they tried it on a bridge on one end, and could feel vibrations on the other side. Makes you think what could be done with a little tweaking and maybe making it larger.

Happy birthday you original mad scientist. I'm a little surprised that google doesn't have a special logo for the occasion.

Happy Birthday to Tesla. I am astonished at how much things get credited to other people, especially Edison. FUCK YOU EDISON.

Happy B-Day dude. We wish we could have known you, so, so much more. You truly were [Hard]

If the [H] ever had a hall of fame (and I think you should) I would vote for this man for sure. Talk about ability to O/C the mo-fo out of it! Forget about it :D

For those interested in more about Tesla, I recommend reading Tesla: Man out of Time by Margaret Cheney.

Tesla is a prime example of why no one wants to dedicate their life to science and math. You will be an outcast, and if you happen to have really good ideas, you will be stolen from and bullied by the market. It's no wonder the poor guy was driven crazy.

Fuck you edison, fuck you.

And we are just now finally getting rid of incandescent light bulbs. What an egregious outrage! I really hope in a 100 years that history books aren't still worshiping Edison and marginalizing Tesla.

From what I've read, it was done mainly for precaution. The govt. didn't know what he had, but they weren't going to take the chance, especially during a war, to have anything leak out. That's not to say that they aren't holding back something that they took, but it wasn't a purposeful action to take specific plans for some crazy device,

Also, I'm very intrigued by his "earthquake machine". It used resonance frequency to take down buildings and bridges (allegedly). More interesting is if you've seen the mythbuster's episode on it. They were nearly 100% convinced that it would not work on a large scale, but they tried it on a bridge on one end, and could feel vibrations on the other side. Makes you think what could be done with a little tweaking and maybe making it larger.

Resonance frequency matching FTW!!! I used to do the experiments that the MB's did on phone equipment and that shit is scary.

Back