hard drive cooling

n00btard

Gawd
Exactly how much cooling does a hard drive (or two) really need? Does it need any airflow at all? Wondering about hard drive location for custom case I'm thinking of building, hard drive I have right now is a Samsung SP2004C, will get a second one soon.

get a fan over it and you should be fine. if you already have an intake in front of your drive bay then its perfect

My 1 seagate ide drive gets a 120mm fan at 5v on it. Barely a breeze but it keeps it under 40*c

n00btard said:
Exactly how much cooling does a hard drive (or two) really need? Does it need any airflow at all? Wondering about hard drive location for custom case I'm thinking of building, hard drive I have right now is a Samsung SP2004C, will get a second one soon.

Depends how many drives, how much you use them, and how long you want them to last.

I have four 7200rpm drives that I beat the shit out of, and have lasted me three years. They are clustered in front of two 80mm panaflo H1As.

i cant get my WD under 46 with a fan blowind sidewasy on it so the air run from side to side on it........it did used to run at 60'ish thogh.....

any advice?

bunnytrigger said:
i cant get my WD under 46 with a fan blowind sidewasy on it so the air run from side to side on it........it did used to run at 60'ish thogh.....

any advice?

your fine, 46 is well under the rated spec of the harddrive...

thank you sir :)

was gettin worried since the seagates run at low 30'ish :) just wished the WD was that way

Back