Hard for new member to sell items on [H]?

Juggafat

Gawd
I've been lurking on [H] for a long time and have decided to join to get some advice on a new system build. Anyways I got a great deal on two Samsung 2693HM's and would like to sell one off. Being a more expensive item would it be hard for me to sell on [H]? I wanna know cause the monitor is still NIB and I still have a chance to return it. I guess it doesn't help that my [H] account is new, my paypal is new, and so is my heatware account.

you can probably get it sold, as long as you are either (a) willing to ship first or (b) go half before and half after

it all depends on who you are trading with and weather or not they are willing to take the risk

Just be communicative with the buyer. Always keep in touch, either by phone, email, Instant message, whatever means is necessary.

I started the same way as you, sold an LCD monitor and a CPU/Mobo combo... Had to ship first, just make sure that whoever you ship to has exceptional Heat and you have all their contact info in case something goes wrong.

Ok thanks for the help guys. I dunno how I feel having to go above and beyond since I'm a first time selling. I don't really feel comfortable shipping a $500 lcd monitor and then getting payment after. We'll see how it goes.

Ok thanks for the help guys. I dunno how I feel having to go above and beyond since I'm a first time selling. I don't really feel comfortable shipping a $500 lcd monitor and then getting payment after. We'll see how it goes.

Wouldnt it go the same for someone buying a 500.00 LCD from a person with new heat/member/paypal ? :confused:

I'm sure the majority of the long time members here really wouldnt screw up their reputation/heat/forum for 500.00, Well i wouldnt.. :)

But good luck with your sale like others have said just make sure the person your selling shipping to has positive heat and a good record. :)

You stated: I still have a chance to return it.

I would return it, and then you won't have anything to worry about.

Dont take this wrong, but no sane person will send money to a new member..with a new heat acct ...and a new Paypal acct...
especially with all the trolls that hang around here...

your best bet is to return the monitor if your not willing to ship first to established traders...

just ship first to people with 100+ heat, i still have to ship first sometimes to get a deal because I won;t do paypal and I have 15 heat

Other than shipping first I don't really see what other choice you have.

I say go ahead and try selling. When I started selling I was willing to ship first but I made sure I dealt with established members. The other thing also that I still do to this day is post the local pickup option with my location in my thread. You would be surprised how big the community is and if it really is a great deal I am sure you will find someone local or near you that might be willing to do a face to face transaction.

I started my [H]eatware here, selling high priced items, maybe it helped I had been here awhile :/

no problem w/shipping first but as others have said a reputable buyer with positive heatware will be more than will ing to share his/her personal information including addresss and phone number.

just ship first and try to get some money at first. when i sold my first item on here he paid me shipping and a little bit on top of that then when he got it he paid me the rest.

If you wanted to build up your Heat and your reputation here, start of with small not so expensive items, get the feel for how the buy and sell forums work and what terms and conditions you like, and before you know it you will have 30-40 positive heat in no time. All of us were in your shoes at time or another on this forum or another.:D

For what it's worth, I recently discovered that the OP is a good friend of mine from high school
Don't know if that makes him any more trustworthy, but, :D

I am having trouble getting my item sold, but i dont buy/sell much so i dont have any heat (never used them) i barely use my ebay account to buy/sell things so yeah its hard when you dont have references but all i can say is Never hurts to try i am sure someone out there eventually may take the chance as long as you come accross as upstanding

Back