Hardcore Gamers...

Qckrun

n00b
Well this isnt really for all hardcore gamers but has anyone used these zboard keyboards? www.zboard.com, I am thinking about getting one for my World of Warcraft, but I am just wondering if anyone has tested them or knows anyone who has experience with them. Im not sure if I want to buy it or not, so give me your input. They seem like some sweet Keyboards because it has alot of the functions already there. Also has anyone had experience with a Satiek keyboard?

Qckrun

I think PC Gamer did a review of it and rated it pretty high.
If the keysets weren't $20-$25 each I would try it out.

The reviews I've read of it say that if your a hardcore gamer and are used to using WASD then you won't like it, but if you are a new gamer you will probably like it.
On the other hand a guy I work with who has played many FPS's and is totally addicted to COD:UO has one and swears by it.

It dooes look pretty cool and I almost got one, but then I figured since WASD works so well for me why change it?

its all about the compaq keyboard :)

can't justify spending that kind of money on a keyboard...

the keyboard certainly looks cool but only a retarded would play a game that often to actually use it

Unless you're the type of person who really likes gadgets, I'm sure a regular keyboard would be more familiar and much better.

do yourself a favor and don't get one, save your dough. The regular keyboard that it comes with is a bit awkward also. Get the nostromo speedpadn52 . You'll be happier with that trust me.

Darakian said:
Oh yes, "hardcore"......
Nope I'm not [H]ard, I like my little 20$ Compaq keyboard, and I play my comp with a XP3200 with 1GB ram with a Geforce 6800 GT at stock speeds, I do own a MX510, but the new thing is the MX1000, and I still find games enjoyable on 800x600 with no AA or AF, the only reason I upgraded is so I won't have to upgrade for awile. (My last comp was a 1.4Ghz Athlon with 384 MB of Ram, and a geforce mx440, I bought it in 2001).

Guess I should have been more specific I was refering to that custom keyboard as "hardcore" I would much rather go with your plan.

Complete POS. The g/f got me one for my B-day. I used it for 2 weeks. It was kind of cool having a game specific keyboard swapping became a pain in the butt. Also the number pad on the regular keyboard the upper keys either "stuck when they weren't depressed or didn't work at all. The whole thing felt cheap. Finally after 2 weeks of use I took it back and exchanged it for a Saitek Gamer keyboard. The extra pad you get with it is nice. You can program a ton of macros into it.

If you really want a Gamer marketed keyboard go get Saiteks. I haven't had any complaints.

Back