Hardfolding.com changes

It's all Murphy's fault. I just wanted to finally get a red [H] badge... so it stopped working just so I have to wait even longer. :)

Wow, I'd hate to think what would happen to you if you ever wanted to get laid :p

You broke a server with you wish for a red [H]......... :eek:

WOW! Great job King_N! Liking the new look a lot. It's also really awesome to finally have our WCG stats up and running.

Sorry it took so long to get back into the thread, murphy's law has been working overtime as after my last post my main system went down for the count.

Anyway I have been looking into the stats issue, when the new site went live there were no changes made to the stats collection code. As far as I can tell the problem appears to be directly linked to the connectivity issues the [H] servers are experiancing.

With any luck the problems will be worked out soon.

1 [H]ard Team, 2 Great Projects, 1 Common Goal..... The Cure.

Site Admin: [H]ard|Folding
Lurker Extraordinaire

Maybe it's just me but from where I'm sitting the new site isn't working/has no actual team member pages. Before I used to be able to go to http://www.hardfolding.com/index.php?go=38&tm=33&id=592348 and see a page about me with all the stats on my PPD etc, and there were pages with everyone on our team or in the world ordered by rank and showing the point differences etc. Where has all this gone, and why does the [H]orde Members page only shows 16 members?
I thought I might need to register, but there are well over 16 people here who are managing to get their badges OK? And even if I do click Register nothing happens!

Help!

the 16 people are those of us who have registered. I guess King didn't use the info from the old hardfolding profiles and you need to do another one. Why register didn't work for you, I have no idea, possibly because of the Hard|OCP connectivity issues?

The stats? I hear King is working on it

Actually the old stats links "should" be re-directing to the new with a minor pause. Nothing from the old stats setup is lost, in fact the new stats offer more then the old did.

The new member's area is also far more vast then the old version, the old version only catered to 13 countries and that left a lot of members out. This new member's area now contains information for 271 countries and 3,798 states/provinces/regions, however due to the new coding and database fields converting the old country/state data would have been problematic. The reason 16 members are listed is because they logged in and manually updated their information from their control panel.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Hey thanks a lot King_N. It looks like everything is updating by the update time now. The new forum badges look sexy, and the new stats within them are nice too. If you are ever in Richmond, VA look me up and I'll buy you a beer. Then you wont be working for free.

Well this is a good sign, new site has been up and running for a week and no bugs have been found.

Lurker Extraordinaire

I am very happy with the new site.

Awesome Work....

If I could, I would ship you a 12 pack of beer for all the hard work you have done.

Well this is a good sign, new site has been up and running for a week and no bugs have been found.

Lurker Extraordinaire

Not surprising with the coding quality you do. Nothing better than coding in Notepad :D

King,

I might be totally blind, but I'm just wondering if there's anywhere on the site that tells you the current site time... For example, the "last 8 updates" panel of the user stats updates every 3 hours... But, the hours that it updates are obviously in another time zone... Could we maybe get a text field at the bottom of the page that displays the current time relative to the point updates?

I often look at those 8 updates to see if my boxen are all running strong, but if I'm waiting for an update to come, it's quite aggravating when I don't know what time it will be here, when the coding from your timezone catches up.

Or, at least tell me the time zone that the daily updates are listed in, so I can do the math once and for all.

It would be nice to have an icon for the internet bookmark shortcut when a person adds it to there favorites.
Currently in IE I just get the plain IE icon.
Just a suggestion.

King,

I might be totally blind, but I'm just wondering if there's anywhere on the site that tells you the current site time... For example, the "last 8 updates" panel of the user stats updates every 3 hours... But, the hours that it updates are obviously in another time zone... Could we maybe get a text field at the bottom of the page that displays the current time relative to the point updates?

I often look at those 8 updates to see if my boxen are all running strong, but if I'm waiting for an update to come, it's quite aggravating when I don't know what time it will be here, when the coding from your timezone catches up.

Or, at least tell me the time zone that the daily updates are listed in, so I can do the math once and for all.

The time showing for the updates is the time Stanford is running which is Pacific Time. The actual stats updates are still done at the same time you would be used to, it's just shown in the stats as Stanford's time.

The time showing for the updates is the time Stanford is running which is Pacific Time. The actual stats updates are still done at the same time you would be used to, it's just shown in the stats as Stanford's time.

There's also a bar across the top of the main page showing what time it is in every timezone across the US, so you can match up update times with your local time.

2.png

There's also a bar across the top of the main page showing what time it is in every timezone across the US, so you can match up update times with your local time.

2.png

Yeah, I made sure King kept that in no matter what just because I think it's cool. I told him even if it turned out to cause him any problems I would visit him with a red hot poker until he would give in and keep it there. :eek:

Luckily, it didn't actually take any convincing. :):D

Yeah, I figured it was in PST, but the new site has been iffy for me recently... It didn't always conform properly to the difference between my time and PST.

Good to know though.

Actually part of the problem with the update times is when congress enacted the new saving time a few years back stanford decided not to update their servers. Stanford is still running on the "old" saving time schedule. So basically the site updates on what I call the Pacific Stanford Time zone.

All in all, it's a royal pain to keep up with, basically since the server is central and running on the new saving time schedule I have to convert the time 4 times a year instead of the normal 2 so that it matches the pacific stanford time zone and the rest of the world.

Lurker Extraordinaire

So if pro is the opposie con, then the opposite of progress is... :D

2.png

Should the stats be running slow?

I was trying to look at my stats, and it took approx 4 min to load my stats page.

Alright, I have to chime in too. This stats server is constantly overloaded. It takes ages to load any page, sometimes you can really see that it is dragging, and it takes like 2 hours to "process" each update all day. I know it's free to use this server, so I have no right complaining, but it seems like it is in serious need of a hardware upgrade...

Not sure why there was a problem, as of this post none of the pages take more then a couple seconds to come up.

Lurker Extraordinaire

I also noticed, my Registration Info says my stats as Stats ID #:314348
But when I search my stats it is listed as : 571435

I guess I made this error a long time ago when registering. Any way to correct this?

Many Thanks to King_N for fixing my Problem ....
The stats site is look great.

As many of you know, Myself , with the help of Xilikon, finally got FoldingForum to increase the size of allowed signature images to allow out new style of F@H stat banner.

Users from other teams are starting to use our banner instead of EOC.
This just go to show how nice and well written the HardFolding is !!!!

This is really awesome and I want to THANK King_N for all his hard work,

Many Thanks to King_N for fixing my Problem ....
The stats site is look great.

As many of you know, Myself , with the help of Xilikon, finally got FoldingForum to increase the size of allowed signature images to allow out new style of F@H stat banner.

This is really awesome and I want to THANK King_N for all his hard work,

Yes, it's nice to see other teams use the HF banner instead of the EOC so this show how it's really appreciated around the F@H community despite the opinion of a certain mod (most should know who I'm talking about).

Excellent work on that EA and Xilikon. It's great to see others pick up on what a great resource we've known and loved for so long.

King_N
Suggestion for change (I don't know how hard this would be to do)

Instead of Have Total Ghz of CPU Power ... Change to # of GPU

That way each member can say how many CPUs & GPUs they have running F@H

King_N

Just updated my profile and came here to suggest that very thing.
You took the words right out of my keyboard.:D

Yes, it's nice to see other teams use the HF banner instead of the EOC so this show how it's really appreciated around the F@H community despite the opinion of a certain mod (most should know who I'm talking about).

Excellent work on that EA and Xilikon. It's great to see others pick up on what a great resource we've known and loved for so long.
Yes, very much appreciated. Although I don't post at the FCF it's nice too see the banner being used and displayed as a testament to the dedication and unequaled effort this team contributes to the cause. Thanks EA and Xilikon. :cool:

King_N

As of this morning there is a new GPU field available from the control panel.

The member section now covers ;

• Total CPUs [Global]
  • Total CPUs [Country]
  • Total CPUs [State/Region]
  • Total CPUs [Member]
  • Total GPUs [Global]
  • Total GPUs [Country]
  • Total GPUs [State/Region]
  • Total GPUs [Member]
  • Total GHz [Global]
  • Total GHz [Country]
  • Total GHz [State/Region]
  • Total GHz [Member]
  • Total RAM [Global]
  • Total RAM [Country]
  • Total RAM [State/Region]
  • Total RAM [Member]
  • Total HD [Global]
  • Total HD [Country]
  • Total HD [State/Region]
  • Total HD [Member]

Lurker Extraordinaire

As of this morning there is a new GPU field available from the control panel.

The member section now covers ;

• Total CPUs [Global]
  • Total CPUs [Country]
  • Total CPUs [State/Region]
  • Total CPUs [Member]
  • Total GPUs [Global]
  • Total GPUs [Country]
  • Total GPUs [State/Region]
  • Total GPUs [Member]
  • Total GHz [Global]
  • Total GHz [Country]
  • Total GHz [State/Region]
  • Total GHz [Member]
  • Total RAM [Global]
  • Total RAM [Country]
  • Total RAM [State/Region]
  • Total RAM [Member]
  • Total HD [Global]
  • Total HD [Country]
  • Total HD [State/Region]
  • Total HD [Member]

Lurker Extraordinaire

Wow ... Now that is a quick update to a request ...
Thanks King_N

Back