Has Blizzard gone too far with WoW?

If rare items (like arcanite bars and items crafted from arcanite) were easy to get, they wouldn't be rare items would they?

That being said, I have a 300 skill alchemist in WOW, and the 48 hour wait between transmuting arcanite bars seems a bit long. The other transmutions have a 24 hour wait. So every 2 days my alchemist buys an arcane crystal for 17-20g, transmutes it, and sells an arcanite bar for 25-28g. It's just supplemental income, I'm not getting rich at it. But removing the waiting period entirely would unbalance things. If there were no wait period, then the wealthiest alchemists would buy up all the crystals and control the arcanite business.

And the supply of arcanite bars would still be restricted by the rate at which arcane crystals are mined. If your server has plenty of arcane crystals for sale, but few arcanite bars, then the 48 hour wait time is the limiting factor. If there are few arcane crystals for sale, then the rarity of mining them is the limiting factor.

Warmonkey said:
You all realize that you spent 99 solid days in front of the computer playing World of Warcraft?

That is not 99 calendar days, that is 99 days = 2,376 hours sitting in front of the computer logged in.

By the way, one can get to level 60 in about 10 days played if you know what to do, even faster if you are powerleveled through quests.

I have played World of Warcraft since closed beta, but it is more of a social thing with my friends than an actual pursuit of success / accomplishment. MMO's are social, if you want a fast paced action oriented game, don't play an MMO.
I actually know people that spent almost double me.

Duke, your problem is economics. If those items didn't take 2 days to make they would be cheaper and less valuable.

BTW, is 48 hours that long, really? I mean, come on! Start your clock on a Sunday night. Take Monday OFF! And by Tuesday night you have your damn bars.

I'd rather have chocolate chip cookie bars that take about 30 minutes, but to each their own.

If Arcanite Bars go for 50g, your servers economy is badly screwed up. Arcane Crystals go for about 13-15g a piece on Skywall, and 23-28g for the bars. I've even snatched a few as low as 19g if you bid on them. It's usually easier to just buy the finished bars, then sell the thorium and remaining gems and stones. You might mine all day and find no arcane crystals, but you'll use find some type of gem.

DukenukemX said:
What's worse is that I've never seen an Arcane Crystal drop from a Rich Thorium Vein ever.
whats worse is you pay a monthly fee to choke out on shitty servers....pay-to-play is beyond lame......

Man this kid would never have survived during the old EQ1 days, hours upon hours(possibly days) waiting for a spawn just to get one piece of your Epic Gear, I have played for almost a month and my Rogues in only level 24, why because i have taken my time and enjoyed where i have been and leveled cooking, fishing firstaid, herbalism and mining, also i didnt quite like most of the classes until i found the rogue to be supreme and the most fun for me.

PS.
Quit being a PBD(Professional Basement Dweller) get outside and enjoy the real world.

Oh yeah i forgot one more thing CAMP CHECK!!!, also why dont you go complain in blizzards forum? im sure you will get a wonderful 12-13 year old response!!

Lunt said:
whats worse is you pay a monthly fee to choke out on shitty servers....pay-to-play is beyond lame......

Get a job & get over it.

dogbyte_13 said:
Oh yeah i forgot one more thing CAMP CHECK!!!, also why dont you go complain in blizzards forum? im sure you will get a wonderful 12-13 year old response!!

The bliz forums are beyond worthless - the signal to noise ratio is way too low. Most threads get no worthwhile replies, the good threads are hidden amongs the massive volume of posting and if an official post gets made, you can expect pages and pages of "I'm posting in a blue thread!".

I haven't played WoW since the beta - is it possible to get to level 60 in just 15 days? Seems kinda short, even if you play a LOT.

Json23 said:
I haven't played WoW since the beta - is it possible to get to level 60 in just 15 days? Seems kinda short, even if you play a LOT.
I got my most recent level 60 there in less than 15 days. That's 15 days /played, so 360 hours.

Back