Having trouble burning movie to CD

Starguard

Limp Gawd
I downloaded a full length movie onto my computer hard drive and would like to burn it to a CD. The only problem is that the CD Disk drive only seems to recognize 700MB CD's. The movie is a full 779 MB from beginning to end. I went and bought an 800MB 90 min set of CD's, but when I install one into the Disk Drive and try to download the movie, the screen keeps telling me that the disk is too small. My computer is running Windows XP.

What should I do to correct this problem. :confused:

Please advise!

1)this is probably warez so its going to get locked.
2)your drive has to support cdrs of that size. some do, some dont.
3)this is the wrong forum to post this type of question in.

Sorry. I don't know who warez is :(

Thanks for the response.

Someone suggested to me that I try and zip the movie into a file and try to burn it onto th CD that way. I'll try that and get back to you :)

Warez is like downloading a movie on the internet. This is whatever illegal, and it's not the good place to find answers.

If you made it by yourself, you should be able to encode it in a CD size (ex: 700mb)

Oh no.. This is an anime movie (animated movie) that was purchased from a paysite... No illegal activity here :eek:

The only problem is that the CD Disk drive only seems to recognize 700MB CD's. The movie is a full 779 MB from beginning to end.

Get a player that will recogonize the disk. The only other option is to re-encode the video, depends on the format you have if this is viable.

Oh, and this is the way wrong forum. Might want to get a mod to move it for ya. ;)

what format is the movie in..? AVI..? DIVX..? MPEG4..?

..you might be able to convert to a different format that uses better compression to squish that movie down a bit ..and as there are programs like DVDShrink to fit a DVD movie that is over 4.7gbs to fit onto one DVD , I am sure there are similar programs that will do the same for whatever else type of format ..

or buy a DL DVD burner for 65 bucks or so and then you wont have to worry about size anymore (up to 8gigs anyways)

it all depends on what type of file you have. is it an .avi, or an .iso ?
if it's an iso, you should be able to just use the usual 700 meg cdr's and open the iso file with nero or whatever other burner software you have the recognizes .iso files. the fact that it's 779 megs doesn't matter.

On the other hand, if it's an avi or something else, then you'll have to recode it with another software program to make it fit.

the other thing to remember is that the format counts..its a 700mb disk and its also a 80minute disk...you see this with VCD format all the time a file is larger the capacity but because its under 80 minutes it'll burn....

sirholio said:
it all depends on what type of file you have. is it an .avi, or an .iso ?
if it's an iso, you should be able to just use the usual 700 meg cdr's and open the iso file with nero or whatever other burner software you have the recognizes .iso files. the fact that it's 779 megs doesn't matter.

On the other hand, if it's an avi or something else, then you'll have to recode it with another software program to make it fit.

Its a wmv. file that plays throught Media 10

My best bet would be that you just burn it to a dvd. Sorry pal, I'd keep the original format.

Back