Having trouble choosing an i7 cooler.

Azphira

[H]ard|Gawd
Mostly because the reviews have the coolers all over the chart from review to review.

And recommendations for taking a 2.6ghz to 3.6+?

Like the Zalman CNPS9900-LED for hardocp has the cooler at 45c OC'd, another site has it at 58c stock, another has it at 47c OC'd, so 40's seems to be what this heatsink does when installed correctly.

+1 for the TRUE.

Other very good 1366 coolers are the Titan Fenrir, Noctua NH-U12P, and the Prolimatech Megahalems. All four perform fairly similarly, within a couple of degrees of each other, so the major thing is price and availability. Also, I don't think the TRUE comes with a fan. That may have changed, I don't know. So you may want to check up on that.

+1 for the TRUE.

Other very good 1366 coolers are the Titan Fenrir, Noctua NH-U12P, and the Prolimatech Megahalems. All four perform fairly similarly, within a couple of degrees of each other, so the major thing is price and availability. Also, I don't think the TRUE comes with a fan. That may have changed, I don't know. So you may want to check up on that.

Yes, the TRUE comes with a fan, and a pretty good one to, its pretty much an S-Flex fan.

And another thing; another really good cooler is the Cogage TRUE Spirit. It's not as good as any of those other coolers, but it's only 3-4 degrees off, and it's a heck of a lot cheaper, much better than most other coolers in its price point and it's much better value for money in terms of degrees Celsius per dollar.

VIGOR MONSOON III LT
Hve one for sale in box if intereted.

LOOK AT THESE SPECS!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/1701/vigor_monsoon_iii_lt_dual_120mm_cpu_cooler/index.html

pretty much dominates
Sorry, I don't mean to step on your toes or anything, but after reading that enthusiastic post and following the link to the test results page, the first thing I see is "The Vigor Monsoon III LT was a little disappointing." Kinda made me laugh.

Personally, I'd probably go with the Megahalems, TRUE 120 Rev. C, or the new Noctua NH-D14.

I would go with the True 120 Rev. C.....great h/s.....Not that expensive for the cooling power you will get.

Back