Hawken: Mech fans look here

That does look really cool. The only thing that looks bad is the jerky movement of the mechs. It looks like they recorded gameplay from an online match with really bad net code or a laggy server.

Looks cool, I was always a fan of the mech games I hope this ends up being good.

Also has anyone heard any recent news of the mechwarrior reboot that was announced back in 2009? ( Trailer Link)

Just watched the trailer, this looks amazing! It did look rather jerky, hope they smooth it out before release. Any other mech games out there besides the possible Mechwarrior and the Living Legends mod?

Not a huge fan of the smoke effects either. The rest of the game (save the jerky mechs) looked pretty good.

Yeah, mech movements looked jerky, but beyond that was the goal to see how many people they could get motion sickness from the camera sway? Even when the camera was stationary it was swaying left, right, up and down.

This does look cool. The camera shake would be a better effect if it were more subtle, though. Right now it's reminiscent of over-done bloom effects.

This could be fucking awesome. It looks like it needs a little polish but they made sure to note that it's a WIP, and it's probably for a good reason. :p

Is it just me, or does the engines look cell shaded and very similar to Borderlands?

Is it just me, or does the engines look cell shaded and very similar to Borderlands?

Yeah, it looks like they're using the Unreal Engine. Lousy FOV here we come!

Game looks well done though, especially for an indie game.

OMG, I've been waiting for a Mech game to come into the present day. I personally like the heat disturbance effect from the mechs. Not bad looking at all for in progress work.

My major worry is that it will be "console centric" in its controls. I hate that, (reason I won't buy Dragon Age II but will get The Witcher 2 on launch day). Loved the FASA games back in the day. Still remember outfitting a mech with 10 high speed mini guns with ammo, getting up close to an enemy, and shredding them to pieces with good 'ol LEAD! :D

Very cool. Reminds me of Armored Core or Starsiege.

I dont' know why, but when I first saw it, it looked like it'd be an awesome candidate for a parkour/free-running game. But mechs work fine too I guess :p

This actually looks A LOT like Phantom Crash.

I don't know how many people played it when it came out on the original Xbox, but to this day it's still my all-time favorite mech game. The mechs even resemble those from Phantom Crash, and the "run-down" environments remind me of the three battlegrounds that were available in that game.

If you don't know what Phantom Crash is, go check out any trailers or reviews. I would not be surprised at all if this took inspiration from that game.

Nice!

Indie games that aren't for Facebook or the iPhone --- good to know.

Most of my old C64 games were made with fewer than 9 people after all. And sold for $45 when minimum wage was $3 and $25k/year was considered a good salary...

OMG, I've been waiting for a Mech game to come into the present day. I personally like the heat disturbance effect from the mechs. Not bad looking at all for in progress work.

1) Get Crysis Wars
2) http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/
3) ???
4) pewpewpewpewpew

I love the cyberpunk feel the game's got though. With a trailer like that though, they ought to be picking up some talent soon. An animator would be nice.

The graphics to me has this Killzone 2 feel to me, same with the art design.

amzing hard to belive this is a indie game, wow i want to play this lol

For such a small team and only 9 months of development, that looks really good. I'm going to keep my eye on this one.

My major worry is that it will be "console centric" in its controls. I hate that, (reason I won't buy Dragon Age II but will get The Witcher 2 on launch day). Loved the FASA games back in the day. Still remember outfitting a mech with 10 high speed mini guns with ammo, getting up close to an enemy, and shredding them to pieces with good 'ol LEAD! :D

I can't remember the name of the weapon I used but they were balistics with short range but great damage and good reload rate, they only took two spots so you could get 5 or 6 of them on a Dhashi. I used to do that and just ambush people. Fire them all at once and you could core a lot of mechs in 1 or 2 shots and each hit would often times cause so much knockback that the enemy couldn't get a shot off. I did that when I was a noob on a noob server and a bunch of people wouldn't believe I was a noob and thought I was cheating. Guess they never looked at the damage and just wanted range for poptarting.

The things that can be done with Unreal Engine/UDK. Here's hoping they put some DirectX 11 love in this since that got rolled into the March update of UDK!

Back