HAWT! HP's w2408h 24" Monitor $199.95 + Tax - Free shipping

wildkatz84

Limp Gawd
Total came to $213 in my cart.
http://www.pcconnection.com/IPA/Shop/Product/Detail.htm?sku=9331543&br=176

I have the 22" version of this monitor, and its in my opinion the... "best monitor ever";), excluding the larger size versions like this one.

It is however "debranded" and claimed to be created by "famous maker", I wouldn't let that bother you though, this is an amazing deal.

------------UPDATE!---------------------------

THEY INCREASED THE PRICE FROM $199.95+TAX TO 219.95 + TAX. IF YOU ACTUALLY NEED A MONITOR ITS STILL NOT A BAD DEAL.

------------UPDATE!---------------------------

DEAL IS DEAD... SOLD OUT I BELIEVE.

Last edited:
I have the 22" version of this monitor, and its in my opinion the... "best monitor ever";)

+1, I've owned the 22" version also.

I'm wondering if it's a refurb or brand new. I glanced over the listing but couldn't find anything either way.

Awesome deal OP. Too bad I just dropped 500 bones on a second display otherwise I might have considered one of these at such a low price.

This is a stupid question, but since it's 1920x1200, would it work to force 1920x1080 on it for 1080p HD?

Yes. You'll just have some black bars at the top and bottom. No biggie, unless that sort of things bother you.

anyone know what their dead pixel policy is?

resellerratings for PCC look pretty bad.

damn...hot deal though.

Last edited:
I bit. $39 shipping for me. But then a similar monitor from Newegg would cost me $50 to ship so not bad.

how is it a hot deal if it includes less warranty than a guy on the street would give you on his old beat up 24".. i bought a used soyo with 2 year warranty for 180 the other day pmva panal.. its ok need a few more 24" tho with warranty preferred

Just a heads up, but this made it to the front page of Slickdeals (good chance of it selling out)

how is it a hot deal if it includes less warranty than a guy on the street would give you on his old beat up 24".. i bought a used soyo with 2 year warranty for 180 the other day pmva panal.. its ok need a few more 24" tho with warranty preferred

Pmva or not, the HP (if this is a HP) is better. I have the 24" Soyo pmva monitor and my father owns the 22" HP. Both monitors are configured correctly. The HP looks much better. GREAT find OP!

Probably because comparing the HP to a soyo is like comparing a Core i7 to a Pentium 1.

As with anything I own, if I've owned it for awhile, and it breaks, I just replace it. I don't like to wait for replacement, and since you can buy 2 of these for the price of 1 actual HP, I'll take my chances with this one.

so...Geeks is the HDMI version...whichis a better quality panel than the models from mwave.

is this correct?

They do...hence the "h" at the end of the model number.

There is w2408 that is non-hdmi and of course w2408h that is hdmi...

I have this monitor (w2408h with HDMI) and its very nice for that price! The only problem is the glossy screen, it reflects everything but otherwise its a solid device.

You know, I really don't get the whole con of "glossy finish" on the monitor. I don't know how many of you have a window or similar source of light directly behind you, but I'd suggest moving your desk/use blinds to take care of the glare.

Probably because comparing the HP to a soyo is like comparing a Core i7 to a Pentium 1.

As with anything I own, if I've owned it for awhile, and it breaks, I just replace it. I don't like to wait for replacement, and since you can buy 2 of these for the price of 1 actual HP, I'll take my chances with this one.

really this lcd is that bad ass to have 90 day warranty and be 200$? i guess if your lucky 200$ every few years is fine but if it breaks every 4 months? (ive never had a lcd die on me yet but see tons of them everyday die from hp)

really this lcd is that bad ass to have 90 day warranty and be 200$? i guess if your lucky 200$ every few years is fine but if it breaks every 4 months? (ive never had a lcd die on me yet but see tons of them everyday die from hp)

we had an HP w1907 and w2207 on display at work. No dead or stuck pixels after 10,000 hours on each panel. (they were on 24/7 for about a year and a half). I have my current w2207 with a few ticks over 1400 hours on it, and it's still working fine. I think I'm gonna take my chances with the HP refurb. It could have a brand new panel in it, or a brand new power button. Or maybe it was never broken and returned by an idiot. Only time will tell.

we had an HP w1907 and w2207 on display at work. No dead or stuck pixels after 10,000 hours on each panel. (they were on 24/7 for about a year and a half). I have my current w2207 with a few ticks over 1400 hours on it, and it's still working fine. I think I'm gonna take my chances with the HP refurb. It could have a brand new panel in it, or a brand new power button. Or maybe it was never broken and returned by an idiot. Only time will tell.

well its nice to hear that all of hp's lcds dont have a 100% fatality rate.. 2 working for 1.5 years is not a glowing recommendation to me but what ever. do these have some kinda great picture technology is what i was trying to ask not anything else..

HP doesn't make their own panels so I don't think you won't find any amazing special technology in this monitor.

Correct, they use Samsung, LG, and Innolux panels. Personally, it's a lottery as to which panel you will get. I own 2 of the 22" versions, one is a Samsung the other a LG panel (Samsung being the best mind you)

well its nice to hear that all of hp's lcds dont have a 100% fatality rate.. 2 working for 1.5 years is not a glowing recommendation to me but what ever. do these have some kinda great picture technology is what i was trying to ask not anything else..

just a glossy finish over the panel, which I think improves image quality. Some people disagree. This glossy vs non-glossy is just a matter of personal preference.

AFAIK, glossy screens increase the contrast ratio because of the way the light passes through the glass.

Got mine in today, and have a samsung panel. Popped the HP logo off of my 22 and am good to go :)

Back