HD 2600 XT, HD 2600 Pro, HD 2400 Pro in AGP on Sapphire Site

Gosh, why you guys still using AGP. Don't you know that PCIe is better and not much more money?
/fixed

For mid range cards AGP and PCI-e are really about equal. While PCI-e isnt that much cards are around the same price as AGP cards, you still have to figure in the cost of a new motherboard ect.

I am personally excited for the 2400 AGP, it will fit nicely into my MC/server. With the Built in HDMI and UVD, now i wont have to really do a major upgrade on it now.

Any hints yet on what the 2600s are meant to compete with? Presumably they're to be pitched against the 8600 GTS?

Exactly right. The 2600XT should be in the ballpark of the 8800GTS 320GB, hopefully it will have 512MB on board.

It's 8600 GTS, not 8800 GTS. And 512 MB on a 128 bit memory bus, will yield you virtually no advantage.

Does anyone know how the X1950PRO AGP compares to the HD 2600XT in terms of performance?

OMG y u guyz still usin AGP. Don't u no that PCIe is way better n not much more $?

PCIe is much more $... it means a new MB and cpu, and probably new ram. This also entails a new cooling system and possible a new psu.

However you have a point... the cpu limitations of an agp system are beginning to show, and at this point getting a 8 or 2X00 series agp card is probably not worth it, unless you caught the very end of the agp mobos.
*bows to the inevitable*

It still feels nice to be remembered, though :D

Translated Review for the PCI-E HD2600XT - card doesn't look too promising.

http://translate.google.com/transla...com.cn/diy/graphics/reviews/0706/1030007.html

Although I guess no one should complain. Several months ago if someone posted that there was going to be a DX10 AGP part they would have recieved a total smackdown and told they were nutz.
Im glad I didnt wait on that crap. The 2600xt cant even beat the 8600gt much less the gts. The only game where it was close to even the gt was in HL2. What a joke if these benchmarks are real.

Im glad I didnt wait on that crap. The 2600xt cant even beat the 8600gt much less the gts. The only game where it was close to even the gt was in HL2. What a joke if these benchmarks are real.

Yeah, I know. Let's hope something got lost in the translation. From what I've previously these cards were suppose to out-do the 8600GTS and according to the benches it ain't even close.

ATI is always slow to release decent drivers. I would expect better frame rates on there next driver release.

Back