512-bit 8-channel memory interface
Comprehensive DirectX® 10 support
Integrated CrossFire™
Built-in HDMI and 5.1 surround audio
Dynamic geometry acceleration
Game physics processing capability
Engine CLK (MHz)
Memory CLK (MHz)

exactly looks same as 2900xt they didn't cut anything only lowered clock which can be raised of course i wonder what will be the price

great price His always was expensive one think sapphires model will be cheaper that it
and here is the pic of other model (gt) with pro one

2_m.jpg

So which one is true ?
In those slides, AMD states the HD 2900 Pro will have a 256 bit memory interface. HIS says it will have a 512 bit memory interface.

Listed on the HIS Digital website. So basically it's just a lower clocked XT. Still the same cooler, and still 80nm :(

So? bang for the buck should be amazing with $249 price tag.

Though I must say unless ATI straightens out their drivers to add real flat panel scaling options like NV, I am going to switch to NV next card after being a solid ATI guy.

I am only using my first NV card (lowly 6200) right now as a stopgap after my 9700pro died and the NV drivers are much better and have full control over panel scaling 1:1, aspect and stretch all work perfectly for me.

Could be a nice card for $250, a lil cheaper than the 8800GTS 320mb. Whether it has 256-bit or 512-bit I don't think it would make a HUGE difference, I don't think that the 512bit is fully being used in the XT. The Pro has always been that really nice price/performance ratio ;)

Looks interesting but when will ATI fix their vista drivers and dx10 performance?

yeah i was just gonna post this. its sounding more like ATI will have a real winner with 2900 Pro. Good performnace but cheap enough to encourage people to go dx 10.

So which one is true ?
In those slides, AMD states the HD 2900 Pro will have a 256 bit memory interface. HIS says it will have a 512 bit memory interface.

I'd be surprised if it was 512 at that price. I'm fairly sure it's always been slated as 256.

If it is priced at under $275 it will probably be a very nice deal and great for those on the fence.

I guess there is no chance they have fixed the AA issues with R600 architechture? Doubt it, not enough time for significant architechtural changes.

Then again after playing Bioshock with default 2x AA @ 1680x1050 resolution I could not care less about AA anymore. Maybe its the dark athmosphere of the game or the higher resolution (gamed on 1280x1024 previously) which makes AA little less noticiable, dunno.

Intresting card for sure and price seems to be great. Been scouting for 8800GTS 640MB but they are still too pricy for my taste still, maybe this card will bring some real price competition around.

I guess there is no chance they have fixed the AA issues with R600 architechture? Doubt it, not enough time for significant architechtural changes.

Doubt it too.

And if the Pro is exactly the same as the XT, except for clock speeds, the Pro should basically be the poor yield cores of the XT, that just didn't reach the intended frequencies.

So? bang for the buck should be amazing with $249 price tag.

Though I must say unless ATI straightens out their drivers to add real flat panel scaling options like NV, I am going to switch to NV next card after being a solid ATI guy.

I am only using my first NV card (lowly 6200) right now as a stopgap after my 9700pro died and the NV drivers are much better and have full control over panel scaling 1:1, aspect and stretch all work perfectly for me.

Fixed Aspect Ratio scaling is the main reason I went with NVidia. The 2900 Pro looks like a great buy, though, if you don't care about that. Now there will actually be something worth buying in the $250 price segment.

Then again after playing Bioshock with default 2x AA @ 1680x1050 resolution I could not care less about AA anymore. Maybe its the dark athmosphere of the game or the higher resolution (gamed on 1280x1024 previously) which makes AA little less noticiable, dunno.

Intresting card for sure and price seems to be great. Been scouting for 8800GTS 640MB but they are still too pricy for my taste still, maybe this card will bring some real price competition around.

nope i noticed it to and I have played at that res forever plus i downgraded from a 8800gtx and I played everything with at least 4aa some stuff with 16aa. Playing bioshock at all max in game but no AA and it looks killer on a 320 gts.

This card does have 512bit specs according to HIS website. It does look like a killer card, although it might not be able to overclock much since these seem like they could be scrapped R600 cores that couldn't hack it up as 2900XT's. Still, for the price, it's very tempting. I'm debating going from my 8800GTS 320 over to the 2900Pro, although that would probably be pointless since performance would be similar I would expect.

The advangate the 2900Pro might have over the 320mb GTS is the extra memory, which I think could equate to better performance in games such as Crysis, when running high texture resolution and high(ish/er) resolutions.

Doubt it too.

And if the Pro is exactly the same as the XT, except for clock speeds, the Pro should basically be the poor yield cores of the XT, that just didn't reach the intended frequencies.

Probably lowered voltage too. At least these cards won't eat as much power.

If this IS in fact a lower-clocked XT, then odds are it couldnt be that much chceaper, could it? Otherwise they would completely crush any chance of selling 2900XT's because everyone would just buy this and OC it instead...undercutting your own products isn't often good business...

If this IS in fact a lower-clocked XT, then odds are it couldnt be that much chceaper, could it? Otherwise they would completely crush any chance of selling 2900XT's because everyone would just buy this and OC it instead...undercutting your own products isn't often good business...

140MHz on the core is quite a large overclock. Many will probably not make it all the way.

I had decided to wait until the 65nm refresh, but this is really tempting. I think I'll wait and see what kind of overclocks people get out of them before I jump on this, though.

I know =p I'm just showing the USD price anyway, still a $20 difference!

Easier for us canadians to go to the American version of the same ncix website (just click the american flag to go to the american site) and buy it in american, pay in american dollars (visa or any credit card should exchange at the bank's going rate). Quick way for canucks to save 20 bux here and there!

Easier for us canadians to go to the American version of the same ncix website (just click the american flag to go to the american site) and buy it in american, pay in american dollars (visa or any credit card should exchange at the bank's going rate). Quick way for canucks to save 20 bux here and there!

then u pay it in duty ><

Some more rumours here: 2900pro 55nm ?

Hmmm . . . Could this have been what Kyle was refering to when he said: "No 'high" end cards from NVIDIA. ATI might have a trick up their sleeve, but I have yet to see it first hand."

One would think that a 55nm chip would be way more power efficient and run much cooler than a 80nm part. And GDDR4 RAM would be sweet.

It would make sense... if it would ship right around December, that's when AMD will be getting their Phenom CPU's out... Which would be good me things... New CPU, New Chipset, New GPU all in the same month. :)

New CPU, New Chipset, New GPU all in the same month. :)

see, and people thought AMD/ATi were down for the count. I have never owned any ATi product but since they merged with AMD, that is what I will be spending my money on going forward.

Back