HD 38xx prrice drop

3870 is dropping to $189, nice price. Newegg already has the Visiontek version for $199

How's the fan noise on these HD3850 and HD3870? Are they quiet? I have an 8800GT and it is quiet. Those 3000 cards from ATI will be nice for my brothers 2 systems he wants to put together.

How's the fan noise on these HD3850 and HD3870? Are they quiet? I have an 8800GT and it is quiet. Those 3000 cards from ATI will be nice for my brothers 2 systems he wants to put together.

The HD3870 with dual slot cooler is really quiet during idle and quiet good on load.

My Sapphire HD3850 512 is quite quiet. Two may be a bit on the noisy side during heavy loads but still.

Nice price drop. Amazing when you think you can get a card this good for under $200 shipped - that is what I paid for my GeForce 2 GTS !!

Now I'm hoping the x2 will drop and new x-fire drivers for some 3 chip fun!

Just picked up the Sapphire 3870 for $185 from Newegg for my new system. Getting the 3850 AGP to work in my old system would have involved a lot of unforseen hassle and expense, so it made a lot more sense to just get a new system and sell the AGP 3850 in a few days when they're all out of stock. Thanks to this price drop and the unbelievable price / performance of the Pentium E2160, I was able to get a new case, PSU, mobo, CPU, and GPU for $550 including tax and shipping. Considering that I can probably get about $300 for my old stuff, this will be the most insanely cheap full upgrade I'll have ever done (or even heard of).

It's pretty amazing when you can buy cards which are improved last generation high end for <200 $.
Hell it's probably best times for PC gaming hardware ever.

I paid for my 2900 pro, e2160, 4 gigs or ram, CF capable mobo and 320 GB hdd less than I'd pay for PS3 not mentioning games at half the price of console stuff.

May have to pick up another & crossfire now. Just picked up an Asus A8R32-MVP from another [H] member. Tempting, tempting.

At these prices, I could even see getting a third for the triple Crossfire if AMD ever gets working drivers out for even dual Crossfire :p

Newegg is now reflecting the price drops with the 3870's and the 3850's.

These cards are looking pretty tempting...Congrats to all those who pick them up at these prices.

Back