HD Audio connector from Antec 900 to eVGA 780i

jhego

[H]ard|Gawd
I have the evga 780i motherboard. Question is, where do i connect the HD audio of the Antec 900? FP audio connector or the Azalia HD Audio Header? I could fit it on both but the FP audio seems more of a sure thing as far as the connectors. There is also the AC97' and i read that i can only connect one or the other. Please help since i don't want to fry my mobo.
Thanks.

Here is the manual for the motherboard.
http://www.evga.com/support/manuals/132-CK-NF78.pdf

To use the case audio headers you need to have already wired them up to the HD Audio on your motherboard and enabled it.
Otherwise take a feed directly from the normal sound outputs on the motherboard.
You arent going to fry your mobo with audio connections, try things out.

Edit:
forgot to mention, if you are after true HD audio as from Blu Ray, your onboard audio cannot handle this.
The motherboards HD Audio description is simply a selling point to try and infer that the audio chipset is better than other onboard audio chipsets, it is not True HD.
For reference, the top of the range soundcards (non HD) available now are better than motherboard HD audio solutions.

Azalia is Intel's name for HD audio. Plug in there. You aren't going to fry anything.

Thanks for all your help. It's plugged into the Azalia headers and works great. I don't have a Blu Ray drive yet but i'm planning to get a sound card with it.

Back