HD3850 / HD3870 Who has these instock?

Hmm this looks tempting. Anyone think that it's a bios flash away from being a 3870? :)

Honestly, for the 1280x1024 gaming I do I am going 3850 as an upgrade from my 1900GT. I don't think the 512 version is worth the extra money and wait though, 256 should be good.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/472/7

guru3d tested it so it will be available soon

edit : 'In less than two weeks you'll spot the first custom cooled HIS products as well, ICEQ versions of these cards are almost finalized already'

can't wait for a good ICEQ version...I like how the design sucks air from almost every possible direction, instead of the stock cooler that just sucks from 'above' or above-around the fan area. Definitely helps draw in more cooler air :D

OMG :0 a whole three pages on a ATI card without mentioning Nvidia woot woot.

Go ATI !!

Does anyone know if these come with the two 4pin molex to a 6pin pcie power adapter?

is Diamond (the brand) typically any good?
They all seem to be the same (spec wise), so just curious if the manufacturer makes a difference in quality and Customer Service.

Thanks.
Oh, and I'm looking at the 3870's

Anyone know the customer support/warranty for Diamond products? Never bought from them before, I don't know about how they treat their customers or even how long the warranty lasts. Any of those with experience who are willing to share?

Diamond lists a 1 year warranty that I found on zip zoomfly. It it me or is the 1 year seem hard to swallow when you have nvidia partners thowing lifetime warrany around like no tomorrow.

I admit most of my ATI cards are out of warranty, and still going ,so there's probably nothing to fear. But if some ATI Partner followed the same practices as EVGA or XFX, they would own a good part of the market.

The Sapphire 3870 is up at newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102713. I'm tempted to get one but after seeing what happened with that other person I'm not touching it. I'll wait till sometime next week for one. Who knows prices may drop 10-20 dollars since Nvidia may want to cut prices on the 8800 GT.

Does anyone know if any of these 3870 cards come with any games like the black box?

The day after Thanksgiving I think will be a good day to do it. Most likely will have free shipping and maybe even a sale on the cards at newegg.

PowerColor has their 3850 up on Newegg now too

Can't wait for the non-reference cooler 38xx's... or the Extreme version from PowerColor of the 3850 as well (OC'd 512mb version in CF might be a steal!)

Is there any difference at all between manufacturers?
I was going to get the Sapphire since I've bought a Sapphire before, but as I was checking out, it gave me an out of stock error.

Not really, some will include more accessories are games than other. But the three on newegg have no difference. try the HIS.

Is there any difference at all between manufacturers?
I was going to get the Sapphire since I've bought a Sapphire before, but as I was checking out, it gave me an out of stock error.

might want to watchout about Sapphire's customer service quality...the recent news gave it some pretty bad press :(

Oh yeah!!!! Nothing like a pair of HD3870's to pair with a Q6600 @ Maximus Formula SE :cool: I threw in a copy of Crysis to make the weekend complete.

Tracking number NAHNAHNAHNAH
Ship date 11/15/2007
Estimated delivery 11/16/2007
Destination HUNTINGTON BE, CA, US
Service type GROUND
Weight 7.00 LBS

Status In Transit

Oh yeah!!!! Nothing like a pair of HD3870's to pair with a Q6600 @ Maximus Formula SE :cool: I threw in a copy of Crysis to make the weekend complete.

Ship date 11/15/2007
Service type GROUND
Weight 7.00 LBS

Status In Transit

Fast shipping.. going CF?

Fast shipping.. going CF?

Yeah, I have not tried Crossfire since the X1900's mainly due to NV's dominance the past year plus. I figured it was an 8800Ultra or two HD3870's and it is obvious who won (price). One thing I am looking forward to is no more beta drivers that fix one game and break six others.

Keep an eye on the 3870, they keep getting stock once a while.

Yeah, they went OOS before I finished my transaction on Newegg this morning only to find them back in stock several times though out the day.

if you can, try newegg?

their HD 3870's run out but come back in stock pretty quickly...not to mention good prices too

Ship date 11/15/2007
Service type GROUND
Weight 7.00 LBS

Status In Transit

I am thinking about doing just what you did. Congrats!

$299 now for 3870. This price gouging by even the manufacturers themselves is pissing me off.

I don't know what the phuck those boys be smoking, but whatever it is, they had better start sharing if they want to get those kind of prices out of me.................:eek:

Back