HD3850 / HD3870 Who has these instock?

Did Crysis fix the crossfire issue last I heard it only supported SLI? Just wondering because I swear I saw somewhere that only one 3850 did just 30fps on medium settings.
The Hotfix helps out Crossfire under DX9. CryTek / EA should be issuing a patch to support Crossfire under DX10.

Just keep in mind, I'm running 1920x1080, which does have an impact, and these 3850's are only 256mb, which ain't helping at that res either. But still, I don't think Crossfire is working (or working well) in Crapsys, at least not the SP demo.

In somewhat better news, I did gain ~15 FPS, now in the mid 40's average, by adding -dx9 to the benchmark batch file. That's definately in the realm of playable, if you can live without all the eye-candy.
Yeah I heard something to the effect that Crysis runs better in DX9 mode... although a patch for DX10 is due out pretty soon. I'm definitely getting a 3870 or at least sticking it out until a 512 mb 3850 becomes available, I play at 1920x1080 as well and I've been languishing at 256 mb for almost a year waiting for the ideal power efficient SFF video solution upgrade. I saw a bunch of 3850 Sapphires for sale and was sorely tempted but the angel on my shoulder outdebated the devil one. Must've been pretty neat to play with the new hardware, thanks for your testing and benchmark numbers!

Anyone know when the 512mb version of the 3850 from Power Color comes out? i ordered the 3850 256mb version and i might end up selling it new at a loss to get the 512mb version if its worth it.

Yeah I heard something to the effect that Crysis runs better in DX9 mode... although a patch for DX10 is due out pretty soon. I'm definitely getting a 3870 or at least sticking it out until a 512 mb 3850 becomes available, I play at 1920x1080 as well and I've been languishing at 256 mb for almost a year waiting for the ideal power efficient SFF video solution upgrade. I saw a bunch of 3850 Sapphires for sale and was sorely tempted but the angel on my shoulder outdebated the devil one. Must've been pretty neat to play with the new hardware, thanks for your testing and benchmark numbers!

Just as a followup, if I drop down to 1680x1050, my numbers are much much higher.

I'm not planning on keeping the 3850's for long, somebody at work will be sure to buy them at MSRP sans GST/PST. I'll essentially pay $30-$40 for the "fun" of using them for a week or two.

If I hadn't stayed home and played with the cards this weekend, I'd have spent that much easy on entertainment either in booze or food or movies or all of the above. :)

Crap Ordered the HD 3850 off newegg on friday and ended up Picking up the 8800GT OC at BB for 250. It runs great on my 300 watt psu. been playing Unreal 3 for an hour or so.

I call shenanigans on anyone who said there was going to be plenty of supply for the 3870 launch.

Considering the 3870 is a cheap solution for those unable to find or unwilling to spend $270+ for the 8800GT my guess is that the 3870 cards will be hard to find as well. AMD/ATI has been in a funk for a while now and I got a feeling they are going to miss out on a great opportunity to take some market share from nVidia. Sucks to be trying to buy a good video card right now. :(

I think there will be plenty of stock tomorrow and beyond...remember, the OFFICIAL release date of the 38xx cards is the 19th, even though people started selling them on the 15th.

If people started selling them on the 15th then it officially launched on the 15th. All those places selling them don't have unopened boxes in reserve for the magical day of the 19th.

I'm hoping stock improves. Canceled my order for a 3850 and think I want to get a 3870, now the 3850s are starting to vanish as well. Hoping to get a 3870 this week.

If people started selling them on the 15th then it officially launched on the 15th. All those places selling them don't have unopened boxes in reserve for the magical day of the 19th.

They had initial shipments days before the 15th, somebody broke the embargo on the 15th, and ATI/AIB's told everyone else to go ahead and sell then so they wouldn't get screwed, but the rest of the allocation wasn't due until the real launch day, which is tomorrow. So expect a lot of those OOS to be IS by Tuesday.

Basically, everything that sold in the last 4 days was meant to be part of tomorrow's stock, and that stock replenished same/next day, but an unnamed e-tailer couldn't wait and blew the solidly planned hard launch for the 19th. E-tailers will have them again, and the Best Buys and other B&M stores will have them on the shelves too.

Yah if I can get in on a newegg deal for $219 I'll cancel my $229 order with Diamond--they charged like $15 for ground shipping!

yoh guys I was wondering if all the 3850/3870 cards have the Valve Black Box with them? thx

Mwave has the 3870 in stock now.

Yeah, whitebox for $239.90. I dislike buying anything whitebox because you never know what they take out of them. I'll wait for tomorrow to roll around and see what other places are offering. Still hoping to snag a 8800GT somewhere.

Considering the 3870 is a cheap solution for those unable to find or unwilling to spend $270+ for the 8800GT my guess is that the 3870 cards will be hard to find as well. AMD/ATI has been in a funk for a while now and I got a feeling they are going to miss out on a great opportunity to take some market share from nVidia. Sucks to be trying to buy a good video card right now. :(

3870 simply is a better card, it has more functions than 8800GT. ie audio over HDMI, UVD, idle power usage ,noise etc. A few frames means shit comparing to that. Not to mention the slightly speed advantage might be void if a better driver optimization comes out from ati. I would choose 3870 even they are at the same price.

3870 simply is a better card, it has more functions than 8800GT. ie audio over HDMI, UVD, idle power usage ,noise etc. A few frames means shit comparing to that. Not to mention the slightly speed advantage might be void if a better driver optimization comes out from ati. I would choose 3870 even they are at the same price.

Preach on. Plus you cannot not deny the value/performance of the 38xx series. If you want the best performance go ahead and get the 8800GT and pay the price premium for it. As the best bang for the buck get the 38xx series all the way. People need to stop bashing ati/nvidia video cards and just get what suites them and state why it suites them. Don't tell everyone else another card sucks bcuz its not your cup of tea. Each one has its own strengths and weakness and each one will fit someone's needs. Just be happy theres finally competition this holiday season so you can embrace the push for high end parts for the year to come!!

Oh, I agree the 3870 is a good card. From what I have read anyway. A excellent alternative to the 8800GT. Just finding a card right now is a pain for me. I really like nvidia products but I'm not brand loyal if there is something better and cheaper. Although not necessarily in that order. Personally, I hope ATI scores huge gains with their 3850 & 3870 cards. nVidia has been a bit too cocky lately in how they are doing business. This whole refresh thing with the 8000 series recently is kinda lame IMO. Its really confusing people.

Coupon came with my Diamond 3850's, and was on the box cover of the Visiontek and HSI 3850's I saw at NCIX.

I think ATI pretty much paid for HL2's development costs in return for a HUGE amount of Steam HL2 coupons. They've been giving them out since 2003. :)

Coupon came with my Diamond 3850's, and was on the box cover of the Visiontek and HSI 3850's I saw at NCIX.

I think ATI pretty much paid for HL2's development costs in return for a HUGE amount of Steam HL2 coupons. They've been giving them out since 2003. :)

The reason I'm wondering is because only Ncix has the offer officially listed?

I can't tell you how mad I am that they're goin above MSRP now, it makes the 8800GT at it's absurd prices more attractive... please tell me this won't last...

The largest computer shops over here (Scandinavia) are receiving 40-50 3870s each per maker so I don't think markups will last long.

Ordered the 3870 from mwave on Sat morning. I've gotten confirmation that they have my order, but no info of shipping or anything yet. Wondering when I should start to worry if they actually have them in stock or not.

Also, I assumed "White Box" meant retail packing, but I guess I shouldn't assume anything.

Do you all think I should cancel this?

Just found the sapphire 3850 512MB version over at play.com but at 139.99 Euro (205.06 USD) just a preorder doesnt say when there expected for shipping thu

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/668/875/-/3517039/Sapphire-ATI-Radeon-HD-3850-512MB-DDR3-PCI-Express-2-0-x16-Graphics-Card/Product.html?searchtype=genre

If you look closely on the site it says that the cards are due for release on 11/21/07. Hopefully this will be worldwide because I'd love to get my hands on one of these on wed and sell my 8800GT. Let's keep an eye out for the 512MB version of the 3850 on 11/21 and cross our fingers guys!

Ordered the 3870 from mwave on Sat morning. I've gotten confirmation that they have my order, but no info of shipping or anything yet. Wondering when I should start to worry if they actually have them in stock or not.

Also, I assumed "White Box" meant retail packing, but I guess I shouldn't assume anything.

Do you all think I should cancel this?

white box is a white box instead of retail box, everything else should be the same though.

Anyone know if the brands other than Powercolor come with the adapter to go from 4 pin molex to the 6 pin PCIe?

I see these are going to be probably in stock soon. So who has the best warranty and customer service? I'm not getting Saphire due to that thread about their customer service. Powercolor, HIS, or Diamond?

Saphire used to be my second choice after ATI themself but since ATI no longer sells direct and you dont trust Saphire I'd say Powercolor, Diamond, and HIS in that order. Just my thoughts anyway.

I've had fan malfunction on two out of three sapphire cards (9600 and 2600xt, so it's not their cheap blorb fans from the 9X00 days being a problem) so I'm trying GeCube this time, placed my pre-order a few hours ago.

Statistically it looks like Club3D will be the one to get their cards out first here, HIS won't get carried by many stores, Sapphire Gigabyte Club3D and ASUS will be freaking everywhere and PowerColour and GeCube will be hard to find.

Damnit I was going to order my new computer today, but now no one has the 3870 in stock!! How much longer will I have to wait???? Does anyone have any idea whenever these will be in stock ANYWHERE??!!?!?

Damnit I was going to order my new computer today, but now no one has the 3870 in stock!! How much longer will I have to wait???? Does anyone have any idea whenever these will be in stock ANYWHERE??!!?!?

Just a few posts up...

Yeah a lot of places that i have checked show 11/21 being the ETA for new shipments. shopbit.com is showing 200-300 incoming to each of there warehouses which is a good supply.

okay Mwave.com doesn't have them in stock... and Shopbit.com is some german site for me... so if you have any other suggestions i'd really appreciate it... I don't see any e-tailers getting them in stock for a long time!

okay Mwave.com doesn't have them in stock... and Shopbit.com is some german site for me... so if you have any other suggestions i'd really appreciate it... I don't see any e-tailers getting them in stock for a long time!

Go to a place lets say newegg and click on each of the 3870s. They will show out of stock and an ETA for some of them.

Finally got an email from mwave

"11/19/07-Your order has been verified, we are processing it at this time. Thank you for shopping with us."

I'm not keeping my hopes up till I see a tracking number.

Back