HD3870x2 - $28 FS @ Amazon

DEAL IS DEAD. IT WAS A DATABASE ERROR BETWEEN BUY.COM AND THEIR AMAZON MARKETPLACE.
the wrong items were listed. if you ordered the card, you will get a Buzz Jr board game or something retarded. Amazon's order status will look normal, but if you check on buy.com, it will show the buzz jr.
there are multiple confirmations in this thread, including myself through a phone call to buy.com, that this was a case of mismatched product IDs and that buy.com has been shipping this random kids game instead of the gfx cards because that's the item they see as being listed in their system.

if you ordered one already, call and have the order canceled. if it's already in the shipping process, you have 2 options:
1 - decline the package from UPS
2 - get an RMA from buy.com

if you call or email them, they have promised prepaid shipping back to them if you are unable to refuse the package.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...c_mri?_encoding=UTF8&m=AKJJGJ0JKT8F1&v=glance

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow, nice, if it could at least do 3-4 displays out i'd use it at work for my multiple monitors, stuck on 2 super old nvidia cards at the moment with no drivers in vista, get a lock up once every 2 weeks sucks. Waiting for 5800 series card that does 3 monitors for under 100$ to come out then i'm replacing.

I know these will never be fullfilled. Pricing errors are always cancelled/refunded (eventually).

But still, ordered one... just in case! :p

This good of a deal makes the 3870x2 a great "backup card" for emergencies, methinks :)

In for one. A friend of mine is looking to build a $500 gaming box and a $30 video card would go a long way in helping him get more bang for his buck.

If its a price error I'll survive, but something tells me this may be legit based off of how old the card is and what you can get for $75 these days.

For those interested... here is a link to this card at NewEgg (deactivated item of course)

Good for additional tech specs ;-)

Just tried to add 4 to my cart and got a message that these are no longer available. I think you guys will be getting the price error email anytime but I hope they actually go through for you.

In for one. A friend of mine is looking to build a $500 gaming box and a $30 video card would go a long way in helping him get more bang for his buck.

If its a price error I'll survive, but something tells me this may be legit based off of how old the card is and what you can get for $75 these days.
that was my thought. they may just want to clear them out of inventory since they are obsolete for what they retailer probably bought them for. these were expensive cards and if they've been in inventory since launch, buy.com will lose a lot of money no matter what they sell them for. at least this way they can clear out space and get something for them.

or i could be totally wrong and it's a pricing error that will get fixed and our orders will be cancelled

the only thing that sux is the high power requirements. i still had to buy an HD3650 for the same price because i only have a 380w antec earthwatts in this work box.

Mine has an estimated ship date of November 9 or 10. I'll let you know if it gets canceled or sent through. The card is listed on Buy.com's website for $382 so it may just be a price mistake (that price seems more like a mistake since the card offers about $100 in performance). I don't mind tying up $28 on my credit card for a couple of days if this is indeed a price mistake.

damn I need to learn to check the hotdeals section first in the morning, I missed it because I was browsing the news and gaming forums for the last 51 mins.

damn I need to learn to check the hotdeals section first in the morning, I missed it because I was browsing the news and gaming forums for the last 51 mins.

Don't fret it. I seriously doubt that you actually missed anything...

well except maybe the opportunity to tie up ~$30 on your cc until the order cancellation comes through! hehe :p

Don't fret it. I seriously doubt that you actually missed anything...

well except maybe the opportunity to tie up ~$30 on your cc until the order cancellation comes through! hehe :p

Or in the case of the op, $150 :p

$150 of junky cards? No thanks.
I'd rather buy a 8800GT for $60 on the forum than use a 3870x2 for $30. Too much power draw and heat.

i wouldnt call them junky...these are new with full warranty. the power requirements are hefty. besides that, this was a steal for a backup card or to give to a friend or sell on ebay.ebay's full of idiots and these cards are easily worth $60 NIB.

Well if anyone actually gets one and wants to sell it, I'll give you $29 for it! Kidding. Seriously, I'll buy one for a reasonably, marked-up price.

I just ordered one at 1330 and it took my order just fine. And it says that it was in stock to me. I used one click ordering too, maybe that will make a difference...

I don't know why people think this is a terrible deal?

Slickdeals had a couple of x1900XT's for around $18 a while back so $28 + free shipping for a 3870x2 even with the high power consumtion........That's pretty slick to me if it isn't cancled.

Its now showing the price as $29.99 with free shipping.

Beaten to the price and in stock update.

Should I buy one? Could be a nice and cheap upgrade from a 9600GSO. I sold my 4870 (for profit)... Hmmm...

EDIT: Sent the link to my friend, he got one. Thanks OP.

Should I buy one? Could be a nice and cheap upgrade from a 9600GSO. I sold my 4870 (for profit)... Hmmm...

EDIT: Sent the link to my friend, he got one. Thanks OP.
I think anyone with an 8800GT or less should buy this card. If I didn't have a spare 8800GTS 640 lying around I would purchase this card just for a backup card.

Just ordered it for the hell of it.

Cost me nothing since I had $30 worth of Amazon gift certificates.

I bit - will now wait for the cancellation e-mail (or figure out what I'll use the card for...)

How does this compare to a 8800GTS 320 card in physical size and performance?

The sad thing is that I still have a VisionTek HD3870 superclocked, sitting on a shelf, brand new in the box. Bought it at Best Buy for $149.00 when the prices first fell (just before the release of the 4xxx series).

I already cringed at the money I lost on THAT one... but now to think I may actually get a 3870 X2... for more than $100 less!! ugghhh.

If wifes expense check is in at the house im ordering one tonight. Need what kind of Psu for 2 of them I wonder?

wow thanks for the terrific deal, just ordered 2. Hopefully these will come through.

OOS Again.

I'm starting to think these may ship because it looks like Buy.Com may have just been unloading old cards.

Back