hd4850 almost overheat?

kioras

Gawd
While playing eq2 last night, just messing around with max settings, i noticed that my vid card usage at points spiked to 90%+ in the overdrive control, while in the guild hall, and Control Center reported my temps on the card had shortly spiked to 103. Of coarse when I noticed this, I underclocked the video card, and then turned down the in game settings, while I quickly made a fan profile.

I am running cat 8.10, because 8.12 puts my system into a reboot loop, was this a little too close to critical temperature for the card?

My 939 3800 x2, overclocked to 2.5ghz at 1.54ish volts, was reading a max temp of 50, so the system itself was not too hot.

well what voltage and clocks are you running?

I have a 4830 with the clocks in my sig and a custom fan profile and my max temp on the card is around 74c(fan duty at 75%).
So yeah that seems pretty hot to me. I wouldnt want to see my card hit 80c, but 103 is still technically within spec.
Maybe someone who has experience with their card hitting 100c+ temps can chime in.

stock voltage and clocks, nothing overclocked.

I ramped clocks on the GPU down to 500, when i noticed it got nice and toasty, then created a custom fan profile that ran it a bit more like a blow dryer :/ to rapidly drop temp

just an idea:get rivatuner and adjust fan speeds from there.there are other programs out to help with your problem.To bad about
8.12 you can adjust fan speeds from the CCC.:D

Yah i just decided to go with a 40% fan speed profile, almost silent but drops temps significantly, looks to be a case of too low CFM moving through cooler, but good case airflow, idle 55, in game 75-80ish

Back