HD5850 eyefinity issue.

AtkinS

Gawd
I got 3 screens for a driving simulator.
The issue is however, I can't get 3 screens to work, I got 2x 5850CF, disabled CF for eyefinity.

HP1925
HP1950
HP1925

I can connect all to DVI, doesnt work
two to DVI and one DP to DVI (passive, I know yeyeye)

2dvi one GFX1 1dvi on GFX2.
They all make an extended desktop automaticly, as they should.
Then when I'm about to make an eyefinity setup I see two screens.
So connected one of the 1925's to analog to see if that helps... nope...

Where i can select which display to do eyefinity with, the 3rd screen is grayed out... no indication on why...

You need to connect everything to one card. Get an active adapter.

But I have used eyefinity with multiple cards without issues before, just disable CF and on I went... though not same screens...
Oh well... I guess I'll have to order one from USA since those adapters are nowhere to find around here....

I have an adapter that comes with a HP Z800, I have no clue if its active or not... should I be able to use that display for eyefinity (2x1) when using a no good DP adapter ?

Last edited:
Try to find a display port to vga adapter. They go for around $10 here in the US. Works fine for me.

Once you get your adapter you will be able to enable eyefinity as well. AFAIK eyefinity has not ever worked with monitors plugged into separate cards. You can display onto all 3 as extended desktops (with CF disabled), but it will not show up in windows as one monitor of an eyefinity resolution. You may be able to run SoftTH with that type of setup, but I would assume getting the adapter would be worth it for less headache and crossfire.

Back