HDCP cards?

Whitebread

[H]ard|Gawd
Do you guys know when teh first HDCP cards are due out? I need to get a new vid card :rolleyes: but I don't really want to get one untill the hardware is HDCP compadable.

No idea :( I was asking a Microsoft rep about HDCP in Vista and he had no idea what I was talking about.

:(
My X1600 can't seem to handle 2 1680x1050 displays and I need somethign new, but I don't want to buy now nad then buy again later just to watch HD videos.

Whitebread said:
:(
My X1600 can't seem to handle 2 1680x1050 displays and I need somethign new, but I don't want to buy now nad then buy again later just to watch HD videos.

You have no choice. You can either buy now and get something better, or buy something later to support HDCP (that will also be better). Take your pick...it all depends on how soon you want it.

Not to mention that the standard is still not ratified. Sure, it probably won't change much, but that's why you aren't seeing any cards. It's a sad state of affairs.

I heard rumors flying around that DX10 cards would be HDCP compatible to match up with the release of Vista. Considering that DX10 cards are slated for a late summer 2006 release...could it be?

sgi02 said:
No idea :( I was asking a Microsoft rep about HDCP in Vista and he had no idea what I was talking about.
hahahaahhahaahahahahahaha, silly micro$oft

Back