HDD clicking while viewing Google Maps

Misfitted_Mecha

Limp Gawd
I've noticed lately when dragging around Google Maps and scrolling down some web pages, my hard drive makes a rapid clicking sound. The sound stops immediately when I stop dragging or scrolling. Just recently my computer froze on Google Maps. Also, sometimes when I start Windows, the desktop and taskbar never load. I can see my background, but nothing else, and I am not able to CtrlAltDelete. Is my hard drive about to die? It is a Seagate Barracuda 500GB model ST3500320AS. Thanks

Curiously enough, it is showing my other HDD as unhealthy. The 500GB drive is my OS drive. The other is just for extra storage.
rhs4mp.jpg

x1yhr9.jpg

You have a single bad sector (nothing to worry about) on the 320GB drive and the 500 GB looks fine.

You may want to look at the manufacturer tools. SeaTools I believe. I generally do not recommend this (because manufacturer tools tend to protect the warranty more than your data) however some seagate drives do not use standard SMART data so some of the values are garbled. Other than that the drive looks fine to me.

Thank you for the information. Is there anything to explain the clicking sounds? Or the occasional failure to load Windows? Are these an entirely different issue altogether?

Back