HDMI Madness

Azphira

[H]ard|Gawd
It is possible to feed two televisions with two dvi to hdmi cables from a 4870x2?

Or do I need to use the hdmi adapter with a hdmi to hdmi cable for the main television to maintain audio and the dvi to hdmi cable for the secondary television?

Or is dual hdmi impossible and I have to use the vga for the secondary monitor?

Asking before I order from Monoprice.

What are you asking for again?

can you connect two tvs with two dvi to hdmi cables? Why would you not be able to do that? what is different with that from connecting two lcd monitors with two straight dvi cables?

Are you asking if the audio is maintained?

what are you asking exactly?

An HDMI TV is nothing more than another display device to the 4870. So your setup will be the same as dual monitors. Either clone the output or setup dual view. But your main question seems to be whether you can have 2 audio signals, and that I don't think is true. Either way, I would run audio separate to your receiver or TV and not worry much. Audio over DVI/HDMI has always seemed to be more of a pain in the ass for PC's than anything.

It is possible to feed two televisions with two dvi to hdmi cables from a 4870x2?

Or do I need to use the hdmi adapter with a hdmi to hdmi cable for the main television to maintain audio and the dvi to hdmi cable for the secondary television?

Or is dual hdmi impossible and I have to use the vga for the secondary monitor?

Asking before I order from Monoprice.

Get a HDMI splitter, then use the HDMI adapter on the primary DVI port and you will be able to send audio to both TVs.

Dave

Back