HDTV $99

Some people are reporting "In Production" messages or notices, but end up getting calls confirming canceling of the order, so either way I don't think anyone is getting one..

Some people are reporting "In Production" messages or notices, but end up getting calls confirming canceling of the order, so either way I don't think anyone is getting one..

Mine is still "In Production" on the site, but I have received the email. Dell's status page is slow in updating the status. And still no funds. :(

Edit: And as chance would have it, my order just updated to canceled and got my funds back. Well, my CC funds but am still waiting for the $7.50 to return to my PayPal balance.

haha i found my cancellation email in my spam folder. Oh wells, just too good to be true.

They know you work for a video card company and are giving you some extra lovin'?
Same here, but I doubt it's because I work for the prestigious CSU Bakersfield helpdesk.

I'm guessing they haven't sent out our emails yet. Maybe I can make a stink about my order being canceled and i was never notified of cancellation.

Mine got canceled, got the e-mail and the hold is gone on my debit card... not too surprised. Oh well

For all those still "In Production"
The 1.5TB external I tried to get on a pricing error last March is also still "in production" so that doesn't really mean anything.

If Dell is reading this, I just want to say...fuck you. Canceled my order two days ago and still no refund. I assumed they would cancel when I got in on this but at least give me my money back d-bags.

If Dell is reading this, I just want to say...fuck you. Canceled my order two days ago and still no refund. I assumed they would cancel when I got in on this but at least give me my money back d-bags.

You made Michael Dell cry.

Went from trying to own Dell to getting owned...

Went from trying to own Dell to getting owned...

not really. Paypal disputed ;). If they really want to piss me off i'll issue a chargeback. An instant cost to dell of $25 billed from my credit card company just for starting the process. If they piss me off even more i'll give an unlucky costumer service rep in india a very bad day and headache. Really this entire thing is their fault.

not really. Paypal disputed ;). If they really want to piss me off i'll issue a chargeback. An instant cost to dell of $25 billed from my credit card company just for starting the process. If they piss me off even more i'll give an unlucky costumer service rep in india a very bad day and headache. Really this entire thing is their fault.

because you are one of the many people that ordered a product with no real expectations of getting it?

Do you think giving a Slumdog Millionaire a hard time will really make you feel better about Dell's pricing error?

because you are one of the many people that ordered a product with no real expectations of getting it?

Seriously, stupid people think they will get a $99 TV, then cry about it when they got a "confirmation email", then go to their credit card company to bitch at Dell, and now they have to make some poor idiot in another country who can't understand English worth shit go through some lengthy process just because they couldn't keep it in their pants.

How about the posse just calm down a bit?

While it's a bit silly to try to force Dell to agree to a price mistake, *YOU* are the only ones looking like complete jerks because you're putting forth the effort to read a 22 page thread and call someone 'stupid' so that you feel like a 'smart' person.

Hey, we tried, didn't get it. Oh well, no skin off anyone's monetary back. Better luck next time. I just fail to see what you stand to gain by either griefing people with "LOLZRR ORDERED 9 !!!!111 ON THERE WEY!" or calling the above kid names.

I had an expectation. It's not my fault dell can't get their shit straight and price something the way it's supposed. What would you like me to do? This is America home of the opportunistic. If they want to keep my money for a few days because of their mistake then I should be able to charge them interest.

I had an expectation. It's not my fault dell can't get their shit straight and price something the way it's supposed. What would you like me to do? This is America home of the opportunistic. If they want to keep my money for a few days because of their mistake then I should be able to charge them interest.

This is not an example of being opportunistic. It's an example if knowing up-front it's a obvious pricing error and then trying to exploit a company for being human. People that think otherwise make me sick because that's why other countries looks down upon us quite often. It takes the same amount of time to call the company and tell them of their mistake as it does to try and exploit them.

lock this shit already

QFT

People that think otherwise make me sick because that's why other countries looks down upon us quite often.

???

Wow?

I agree that he's expecting WAY too much, but consumers ripping off a company have little to do with our global popularity.

???

Wow?

I agree that he's expecting WAY too much, but consumers ripping off a company have little to do with our global popularity.

I was talking on more of the American ideology of exploiting other people and companies, not this exact instance. :p

I was talking on more of the American ideology of exploiting other people and companies, not this exact instance. :p

If you think Americans are the only guilty party....than you sir are a complete idiot and fool!

Now for the love of God, someone lock this thread already

If you think Americans are the only guilty party....than you sir are a complete idiot and fool!

Where in my last post did I say that Americans were the ONLY ones? I don't think we are, but being a major country of people, were are scrutinized more then others.

This is not an example of being opportunistic. It's an example if knowing up-front it's a obvious pricing error and then trying to exploit a company for being human. People that think otherwise make me sick because that's why other countries looks down upon us quite often. It takes the same amount of time to call the company and tell them of their mistake as it does to try and exploit them.

QFT

You make me sick defending a multi nation multi billion company that takes advantage of labor markets for their own benefit. Go read the story about the chinese keyboard factory and look at the keyboards they were making. Trust me when I say this, I lose no sleep taking advantage of dell's pricing errors just like dell loses no sleep over making people work 12 hour straight shift assembling keyboards for next to nothing.

Dell on the other hand kept my money for way to long before admitting the mistake and didn't even offer any sort of discount or incentive for me to buy from them again. Any sort of monetary damage I can inflict on them to show my displeasure is just me helping them not make any more pricing errors.

Keep on defending these large multi billion corporations, it'll make it easier for them to screw you in the ass when they feel like it.

You make me sick defending a multi nation multi billion company that takes advantage of labor markets for their own benefit. Go read the story about the chinese keyboard factory and look at the keyboards they were making. Trust me when I say this, I lose no sleep taking advantage of dell's pricing errors just like dell loses no sleep over making people work 12 hour straight shift assembling keyboards for next to nothing.
First off, I'm not defending this company in any way. I'm showing the purchaser's ignorance in pricing errors.

Dell on the other hand kept my money for way to long before admitting the mistake and didn't even offer any sort of discount or incentive for me to buy from them again. Any sort of monetary damage I can inflict on them to show my displeasure is just me helping them not make any more pricing errors.
This right here makes me laugh, because if you would of been a good person and called the company instead of trying to exploit them you wouldn't be at this point. Don't complain saying "they're holding onto my money," because its really your fault for not doing the right thing it in the first place.

Keep on defending these large multi billion corporations, it'll make it easier for them to screw you in the ass when they feel like it.

And Again I'm not defending the company in question, I'm showing the flaws in the illogical reasoning of evening pressing the purchase button on mistakes like these.

First off, I'm not defending this company in any way. I'm showing the purchaser's ignorance in pricing errors.

This right here makes me laugh, because if you would of been a good person and called the company instead of trying to exploit them you wouldn't be at this point. Don't complain saying "they're holding onto my money," because its really your fault for not doing the right thing it in the first place.

And Again I'm not defending the company in question, I'm showing the flaws in the illogical reasoning of evening pressing the purchase button on mistakes like these.

Did you even order one of these or are you just trolling?

Dell let thousands of people order these things! They then 2 days later sent an email out saying that these items would be delayed but they were now guaranteeing that they'd ship . Then 5 days later they finally dragged their ass long enough and said that they wouldn't ship at all. Get your facts straight buddy and stop trying to troll. Everyone gambles on something, even you, whether if that stop light is going to stay yellow a few more seconds or whether the milk in the fridge is really bad. I wouldn't care so much if they didn't screw with us so much. Hence why I wanted a refund very quickly.

If you want to say "Ha! that's dell screwing with you". I highly doubt it. Most companies are gracious with mistakes they make, dell on the other hand is not. I'm not trying to exploit dell for anything. They offered an item at a price and I bought it. I didn't do any coupon tricks or exploit any sort of code. You're obviously just trying to troll as you didn't order this item and are now just trolling. This thread is meant for people who order the TV not for people who want to try to make themselves think they're a good person because they didn't "exploit" a multi billion dollar company, which to me could never happen.

Again stop trolling.

I get a daily laugh out of this thread. Keep it up guys, I have another bag of popcorn almost ready.

Dell let thousands of people order these things! They then 2 days later sent an email out saying that these items would be delayed but they were now guaranteeing that they'd ship . Then 5 days later they finally dragged their ass long enough and said that they wouldn't ship at all. Get your facts straight buddy and stop trying to troll. Everyone gambles on something, even you, whether if that stop light is going to stay yellow a few more seconds or whether the milk in the fridge is really bad. I wouldn't care so much if they didn't screw with us so much. Hence why I wanted a refund very quickly.

If you want to say "Ha! that's dell screwing with you". I highly doubt it. Most companies are gracious with mistakes they make, dell on the other hand is not. I'm not trying to exploit dell for anything. They offered an item at a price and I bought it. I didn't do any coupon tricks or exploit any sort of code. You're obviously just trying to troll as you didn't order this item and are now just trolling. This thread is meant for people who order the TV not for people who want to try to make themselves think they're a good person because they didn't "exploit" a multi billion dollar company, which to me could never happen.

Again stop trolling.

First off, they never "guaranteed" anything. In the email they said something like "We are confident your order will ship soon." This is more than likely a pre-written response to these types of situations when an order is delayed but it is not attributed to a pricing error. They also have several places on their website where they say that they will not honor pricing errors, so they are completely covered in this case.

Second, if anyone really thought they were going to get a $500 TV for $99, they're a moron. You knew you were gambling when you placed the order.

Third, several people mentioned in this thread that this is how Dell deals with pricing errors. You should have just cancelled your order if you wanted the money back so quickly, or not bothered gambling with this at all. It typically takes a few days for any sort of credit to show up on an account, anyway.

No one is trying to screw you. You tried to screw Dell, and you lost. Get over it.

It really seems as if you're the one trolling, here.

You're obviously just trying to troll as you didn't order this item and are now just trolling. This thread is meant for people who order the TV not for people who want to try to make themselves think they're a good person because they didn't "exploit" a multi billion dollar company, which to me could never happen.

Well osrk, lets put it this way, I didn't purchase but I made a call to Dell to verify the price when the deal was posted. So, by interacting with this situation I think I gave myself the right to talk in here if I want to. I've been following this thread with a smile on my face since day one.

Dell let thousands of people order these things!
Really? I didn't know Dell posted statistics like this on the web. Could I have a Link?

By saying this I already have a feeling that this whole response was not driven by the impulse to help.

They then 2 days later sent an email out saying that these items would be delayed but they were now guaranteeing that they'd ship .
Also, I'm sorry that an automated system sent you an e-mail from an already derived shipping system that doesn't know if it is an un-common pricing error.
Then 5 days later they finally dragged their ass long enough and said that they wouldn't ship at all.
This I do though not agree with, but we have to keep in mind that this is not some mom and pop company that calls everyone in person when they make a purchase.
Everyone gambles on something, even you, whether if that stop light is going to stay yellow a few more seconds or whether the milk in the fridge is really bad. I wouldn't care so much if they didn't screw with us so much. Hence why I wanted a refund very quickly.
The stoplight comment doesn't work in this scenario. If you said "whether if that stop light is red and the perpendicular side hasn't turned green, and you know your supposed to not do it but you accelerate anyway," I would agree.

I'm not trying to exploit dell for anything. They offered an item at a price and I bought it. I didn't do any coupon tricks or exploit any sort of code.[
Exploiting a company in this situation doesn't mean you used coupon tricks or anything like that, it means that you purchased with the knowledge that this was a pricing error. Tell me of a company that's still in business that consistently sells items below purchase value, and is happy with large margin losses.

Back