HDTV and GPU scaling: broken

rei

Limp Gawd
Windows 7 and the latest WHQL (190.x) drivers have broken flat panel scaling for those of us with HDTVs so everything is stretched. Nvidia, being bastards, don't enable the scaling driver tab or option at all for those of us with HDTVs, only with "regular" monitors connected through DVI.

I'm using a GTX 260 with a Panny 32LZ800 and have had to regedit hack my HDTV's EDID info in but this workaround no longer works.

Anyone know how to fix it?

It works fine on ATI cards but NVIDIA has broken this on and off for years.

Tried both HDMI directly or HDMI with a DVI adapter, no go. Works with ATI HD4870 video card and HD4670 but not NVIDIA.

just rollback drivers, I mean they really dont offer that much advantage

Hm I'm not having any scaling issues with Win 7 RC 7100 & GTX 260 w/ latest official Nvidia driver using HDMI (Pioneer 5080 HDTV) I have a 1:1 image.

4:3 content is stretched to the full 16:9 without any options to change it on mine. Where can you adjust your aspect ratio scaling options?

I just noticed im using 186.18 drivers not 190 so I'll have to upgrade and get back to you, right now I have the "Use my displays built in scaling" option enabled under Flat Panel scaling in Nvidia control panel.

bet you can't change it to 'gpu scaling with aspect ratio' either.

i couldn't until i did the reghack to change my hdtv's EDID info.

that workaround no longer works in 190.x.

Back