HDTV around 850

steaksauce

Weaksauce
Ive been looking at HDTVs, with my max budget being around 850. Ive been checking out the 30inch widescreens, which is probably where Im going to go, Im just curious as to what the best deal is.

I like the Samsung right at the price point, its the only one in this range Ive found to display 720p and 1080i, but it apparently has geometry issues :mad:

The Sony for around 750 is also pretty nice. I think its model No. KV-30 or KH-30, cant remember off the top of my head.

What do you guys think is my best bet with this budget?

Another model you may want to consider is the Panasonic CT-30WX15. They sell them in Circuit City, but have noticed most of the Panasonic CRTs no longer being carried by them. If you can find one, you may get it at a good price.

get an Epson Powerlite s3 projector (supports hd, and get the component in cable from www.cablewholesale.com ) you can get it online for $712 after tax, plus depending on your space, you can get a pretty large screen, plus its really bright.

although you need an external speaker system, but its a thought (when mine comes in i'll have a projected ~ 98" screen

Save your money and get a brand new1280x720 LCD projector for 499 online. My friend got one and it ownz.

neokeelo said:
Save your money and get a brand new1280x720 LCD projector for 499 online. My friend got one and it ownz.
Care to post the merchant and or model projector you're tallking about? ( We would be reallllly interested and would appreciate it ;) )

The reason i ask is because projectors that are 1280x720 native pretty much can't be found for less than $800, and that's after 4 recent months of me searching. Though i did win a new sanyo Z2 for $775 with those ebay coupons but that was a fluke+luck. Otherwise the sanyo Z2 and infocus sp5000 can be found for around $900 with some digging, but $499 is totally unheard of for a 1280x720 projector.....and would be a seriously killer deal if true.

You wouldn't be speaking of the infocus 4805 would you? (it's actually 854 x 480 native but scales down higher resolutions) and went for $499 at Staple's as a refurb.

end threadjack/

Im really looking to stay away from lcd's and projectors at this point in time.

The 27inch and 32inch viewsonic...the only thing I seem to be able to come up with are LCD's...do they make any crt's?

I know Walmart sells 28in.-30in. HDTV Crt's good names and really good prices...

steaksauce said:
The 27inch and 32inch viewsonic...the only thing I seem to be able to come up with are LCD's...do they make any crt's?
He meant lcd's when he mentioned the viewsonics ;)

I def recommend more searching in these forums. There were some real good crt television threads here in the past few months. It may take some creative search terms and plenty of patience though...

Back