HDTV Wonder vs FusionHDTV5

galois427

Limp Gawd
I'm planning on getting a hdtv tuner card and have read mix reviews about the hdtv wonder. How does the fusionhdtv5 compare to the wonder and which is more bug free?

I think a bug of roaches is more bug free then then ATI's HD Wonder, hell they seem to think so too since they're not giving it much support.

Anyways the Fusion is considered the best HD tuner on the market but it is finicky. You'll probably end up juggling it from PCI slot to PCI slot looking for one that it feels happy in but after that things should be fine.

Fusion5 hands down. It can do QAM too. I have Comcast basic and F5 picks up 15 stations and 30+ digital music channels.

ATI HD Wonder can only do OTA signal and it needs an exterminator to kill all the bugs. Before the bugs are fixed, ATI is discontinuing this line and comes up with another one--- I read that somewhere.

Fusion5 hands down. It can do QAM too. I have Comcast basic and F5 picks up 15 stations and 30+ digital music channels.

ATI HD Wonder can only do OTA signal and it needs an exterminator to kill all the bugs. Before the bugs are fixed, ATI is discontinuing this line and comes up with another one--- I read that somewhere.

Does the Fusion5 do all your regular SD comcast cable channels too? I'm looking for "one tuner to rule them all."

It's wrong. Analog tuning is only supported with the crappy Fusion software, nothing else supports it.

Thanks for clearing that up. OK well.. as much as I want HDTV on my Westinghouse 37" I'd rather have regular SD over HDTV if I had to make the choice right now. I can always buy a QAM tuner later on.

What SD tuner would you choose? I'm running XP and would like a remote.

ATI Theater 550 or 650
hauppauge pvr 150
anything else i forgot?

Thanks!

Thanks for clearing that up. OK well.. as much as I want HDTV on my Westinghouse 37" I'd rather have regular SD over HDTV if I had to make the choice right now. I can always buy a QAM tuner later on.

What SD tuner would you choose? I'm running XP and would like a remote.

ATI Theater 550 or 650
hauppauge pvr 150
anything else i forgot?

Thanks!

The 650 if all you really want is to use MCE and an HD tuner, the 550 if you're looking for a good SD single tuner, I wouldn't touch a PVR150 unless I had too (like if I'm using Linux).

As for needing a remote: http://www.pcalchemy.com/product_in...trol-for-windows-xp-mce/cName/remote-controls

Back