Heads up - Need For Speed Hot Pursuit $12

WabeWalker

Supreme [H]ardness
I bought Need For Speed Hot Pursuit on Friday for $12 from D2D - and it's ridiculously fun. It's more polished, and just a lot more enjoyable than I would've thought.

You need to stack the coupon 'marchmadness' to get the extra twenty percent off the sale price.

http://www.direct2drive.com/9956/product/Buy-Need-for-Speed-Hot-Pursuit-Download

Could be worth your while here. Not a bad sale this close to its original release date.

I might pick it up, but I'm not sure. I'm kind of mad at EA and Criterion for deciding not to fully support their PC games. They pissed me off with Burnout Paradise and I'm not sure I want to support them not bothering to release additional content for NFSHP. That said, what I've played of the game at my brother's it is pretty good, though it seems like Criterion didn't have time to do everything they wanted to.

You can switch very easily between being a cop and a robber, which keeps it fresh. The driving feels good, and the engine (no pun intended) looks great. I'd say it's worth $12, but I'm glad I didn't pay more than that. I'm glad I bought it though. Sometimes when I buy a title on sale I never get around to playing it. If driving games are your thing - and they tend to suck up my time - this could be worthwhile.

Ya it's an ok game. The graphics are nice, the cars are cool, and it has a good, arcadey driving feel to it. However the PC version is gimped for sure, it really needs some improvements, which they aren't going to give it. I don't hate it, but overall I probably would have given it a miss.

Back