Headset Recommendation?

K2rn2g3

Weaksauce
I'm looking for a good headset under 300$, microphone has no influence on the choice.

these will be used for gaming only - no music.

I've looked at the A700, AD700, ATH-A900 - wired headsets only, i have an open case so interferance on wireless is the reason im in the market for a new set. currently using RCA 900mhz wireless headphones.
I want a around the ear closed since i play in a loud environment sometimes.
Sound card is SupremeFX II from ASUS - since it came with my motherboard.
Thanks

yea i already looked at that, but then ive seen others that he doesnt have in that list.
like the koss for 40$? and im not sure how good the quality is on my sound card...hence with wireless i lose bass in some games due to it being lower feq than my headset can pickup.

how much better is the A700 or ATH-A900 than the koss? and is the ATH-900 worth the money based on my sound card?

Well, I am the author of that thread btw.

I can't comment on your current sound card.

The best you can get new for gaming would be the Prelude or X-Fi Fatality. The Prelude will sound better but the Fatality is fine. The cheaper X-Fi I do not care for.

The Koss are really good for gaming. You might just try them first and save some $$.

If you want closed headphones there is the RP-21 with upgraded Beyer Pads for around $100 used. This model has better bass than the A700. I prefer the open headphones for gaming really but if you want isolation the A900 is probably the best under $200.

Check Head-Fi for deals on used headphones. They usually take really good care of them.

Back