Heatsink+fan for Microfly case & P5E-VM HDMI motherboard

trent

n00b
I have an Asus P5E-VM HDMI motherboard with an E8400 in an Ultra Microfly case.

I am not too happy with the intel stock cooler. I don't want to overclock, but the CPU temps are hitting 60C (in RealTemp) and I run simulations (CPU intensive) for long periods of time. I am thinking I'd better install a better heatsink.

I don't want to cut the support bar over the CPU to be able to install a taller heatsink. I'm sure I'll make a mess of it if I try :p So my height clearance is about 8cm.

Another limitation is the northbridge heatsink. Base of heatsink shouldn't be more than 9cm before it clears the northbridge (at about 3cm height).

The only HSF that I found that I am certain would do the trick is this, but I am not sure it will be any better than the intel stock cooler :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

You have the same motherboard and case?
I guess the case isn't much of an issue, heatsink is only 67mm high, but it's pretty wide. With a 68mm radius, does it clear the motherboard's 4-pin power connector and the northbridge?

And does it come with a 4-pin connector for the fan, or only a 3-pin as manuf. website indicates? If 3-pin, what's the workaround?

thanx for the help

Back