Help a First Timer Solve a Couple WCing Problems

FRZ

2[H]4U
Hey guys,

I finally decided to delve into the world of custom loops, and put together my first setup in my X99 rig.

Currently running two EKWB 360mm rads, an EK Supremacy CPU block, and
an Alphacool Eisbecher D5 250mm Plexi rad top and a Alphacool VPP755 pump.

Things seem to be working ok and the cpu is running pretty cool, but having some beginner issues.

First while the system is running leak free around the hardware and fittings, the small hole seen below in the middle of the plexi top is leaking ever so slightly. I just stick a little tissue in it every other day :p

Is this leak because of a defect in the plexi top, or could it be something else?

Also using EKWB's new cryofuel, and while the system starts out fine, the liquid in the res soon becomes foamy. Any idea what I am doing wrong here?

Really appreciate the input and help. Want to be prepared for when I build my complete X299 watercooling system. Thanks in advance :)

Doesn't that pump come with 2 o rings? I believe mine did and one is bigger then the other. I believe that is the cause of your leak.

I just recently changed to a large reservoir similar to yours and noticed I got alot of bubbles in the water on startup when the res was half full but when I filled it completely above it stopped throwing bubbles around

Doesn't that pump come with 2 o rings? I believe mine did and one is bigger then the other. I believe that is the cause of your leak.

I just recently changed to a large reservoir similar to yours and noticed I got alot of bubbles in the water on startup when the res was half full but when I filled it completely above it stopped throwing bubbles around
Correct. Your return line is going into your reservoir from the top, right? You wanna fill that guy up enough that the "down tube" is submerged below the waterline. That way, the falling water doesn't make more bubbles.

Thanks for the replies :)

Will check on the o-ring, but the return line is actually going into the plexi pump top, not the top of the res.

Thanks for the replies :)

Will check on the o-ring, but the return line is actually going into the plexi pump top, not the top of the res.
Are you sure? It's hard to tell from the pictures, but I only see one line coming from the pumptop... maybe we're calling different lines the "return line," though.

Here is a better picture of the connections into the pump top

You guys were correct, the res needed to be filled all the way. Now the liquid is nice and clear with no bubbles. Thanks :)

Back