Help an idiot

Rydawg5143

Supreme [H]ardness
So i installed another HD into my system, so have 320 and 640 AAKS, well i put the 640 in and it didn't show up when i started windows..... Then I got to thinking the last time i installed 2 HD's I had to set something on the drive itself or something... Help a noob plz :p

Is the Hd formatted? If not you may want to format the drive to NTSF, depending on your OS. You will lose all your data after the format, in most cases.

No, I have my 3200AAKS with vista and such, I bought a 6400AAKS, but after i got everything installed inside my computer and booted it up, it didnt show the new HD in 'my computer'

DO i need to set jumper or something, been long time since had 2 drives :p it shows up in device manager

It shows up when tracking temps, device manager, but not in 'my computer'

Everything shows that the drive is ready to use, but it doesnt show up in 'my computer' grrrr

That means you need to format it

I'm no Vista guru so I'm not sure, but there should be an "administrative tools" thing in control panel. Open that and run "Storage Management".

That should bring the drives up and show them. You can format it from there. Be careful not to format the wrong one.

If anything comes up just post back.

Back