Help Choosing the right monitor/TV...Moving Out Soon.

ButtZeX

n00b
First off I'd like to say that I have been following this board for quite some time now, probably about a few months before the 2407's got 1:1 pixel mapping, which I purchased after the information I found throughout the forums. Mainly just the Displays section though, because It's loaded with information unlike any other message board, and you gotta love that close to 600 page thread on setup pics : D. Just wanted to give a little introduction, but anyways..My real question has to do with purchasing a new 24" > monitor/tv, but no larger than 32". I will be moving out of my parents house in the next few months, and am going to be looking for another monitor to maybe be used as my primary entertainment screen along with games and all that jazz. I play a lot of 360, and gears of war competitively to be specific, So i need something with very low input lag and response time. You can really notice a difference. Right now I have a 22" LG , with 2ms and 5000:1 contrast, but I would like to get something bigger and something that isn't a TN. I sold my 2407 awhile back, but that's probably the best monitor I've owned.You can really tell the difference from a TN Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

If it's going to serve double duty as a tv/movie watching display then you'll definitely want at least a 32". I'll let others make specific recommendations since I am a self admitted plasma whore and believe that lcd's are meant for desktop pc use. ;) (LG just launched a line of 32" plasma screens but the 720p res might be a turn-off for pc use)

Yeah, I'm looking for 1080p, cause I'll probably be using it in conjunction with PC/360/ETC.

ah, well 1080p on a 32" is likely to be expensive. At least, for a screen that's serving doulbe duty of PC monitor and regular view/gaming screen. I'd really recommend that you look at the Westinghouse LVM-37W3SE models, that is, unless you can find someone willing to sell their original LVM-37W3. Both are 1080p, great screens. The SE has more HDMI, but loses 1 DVI port. The SE also has (with some firmware iterations) issues with the PS3 HDMI connections, so make sure that you look into that. I didn't see you state a budget for the screen, but I imagine that is probably something of a consideration. You should be able to find one of these around $800 new.

And no....I'm not selling mine :p

Back