Help connecting Dayton sub to sound card

ThumperSD

Limp Gawd
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Looks right to me, make sure that your imput is selected correctly in the driver software. Why does the Daton sub have Stereo RCAs anyhow. Shouldn't the sub be mono?
Scratch that, it is mono, I guess the only reason it allows for Stereo imputs is for the RCA back out of the sub. I know that sub would work with a reciever, like an Onkyo that has an LFE output, As the sub is powered there shouldn't be a problem. Let me know if you go tthis working.

Last edited:
Connect only the left RCA. The right RCA is center I believe. (I might have this reversed)

Make sure you have the subwoofer port enabled in your soundcard settings.

IMO, don't bother using the LFE channel. Run the fronts through the subwoofer and use the subwoofer's crossover.

Why? Because your front speakers aren't good enough to handle bass, and this way will be the simplest and also relieve your fronts of any demand for bass.

You'd need a male 1/8" to 2x male RCA cord and a 2x male RCA to female RCA (short) cord.

My sound card was set to 2.0 settings. I had to set it to 5.1 (since there is no 2.1). Im currently trying to find a way to make it 2.1. Would a DAC fix this problem?

Running the front speakers to the sub? I cant connect my BX5a's to the Dayton unfortunately

Running the front speakers to the sub? I cant connect my BX5a's to the Dayton unfortunately

I know we talked a little about this already in PM's, but that's actually how mine is hooked up.

Just used a couple of RCA to 1/4" TRS cables.

*Edit*
Actually I'm pretty sure I just ordered one of these and peeled the two sides apart.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
^ Ordered that cable last night. Thinking about getting a headphone amp now.

I like my Little Dot amp, but if you want a little more versatility and to avoid worrying about replacing tubes, I think I'd get a Matrix M-Stage.

I'll look into that, thanks. I wonder how much improvement I will get from my ATH-M50s.

Sorry I am an audio n00b, how exactly would I connect the BX5a's & Dayton SUB to my computer on-board sound card with the cable you linked to?

Sorry I am an audio n00b, how exactly would I connect the BX5a's & Dayton SUB to my computer on-board sound card with the cable you linked to?

It's not the only cable you need for the whole setup.

You need a 3.5mm Stereo to Stereo RCA cable to go from the PC to the Sub, and then the Stereo RCA to 1/4 TRS cable to go from the Sub to the BX5a's.

It's not the only cable you need for the whole setup.

You need a 3.5mm Stereo to Stereo RCA cable to go from the PC to the Sub, and then the Stereo RCA to 1/4 TRS cable to go from the Sub to the BX5a's.

ok thanks. So the 3.5mm Stereo to Stereo RCA cable to go from the PC to the Sub into the Low level input then the Stereo RCA to 1/4 TRS cable to go from the Sub low level out to the BX5a's input right ?

Thanks, just don't want to screw these up.

Back