Help connecting sub to new reciever

SC385

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought a Harmon/Kardon AVR-146 off bestbuy.com earlier today and I just noticed that the subwoofer out on the back is an RCA plug and my subwoofer that came with my Kenwood home theater in a box uses speaker wire to connect. I don't have the money to buy a new sub but if I really had to i could get one for Christmas.

My question is is there a way I can go from the RCA plug to speaker wire for my sub?

Is the sub powered? If not, it won't do you any good because the sub out on your new receiver is non-amped. If it is a powered sub, then just grab an rca cable, chop off the end, strip the wires and go. Not sure if anyone makes a "converter" cable, but someone may.

No, it's not powered. It just ran off the speaker wires from my old receiver.

So I'm assuming I'll most likely need some kind of amp, right? If so I'm not looking to spend a lot of money so is there an inexpensive amp I could use to power it?

No, it's not powered. It just ran off the speaker wires from my old receiver.

So I'm assuming I'll most likely need some kind of amp, right? If so I'm not looking to spend a lot of money so is there an inexpensive amp I could use to power it?
You need a whole new sub.

You could hook up an amp of some sort, but, trust me, it's not worth it for this sub that you have.

Back