Help Deciding on Upgrade Path

KillerButler

Limp Gawd
I have a MSI 865PE-Neo2 Mother with a P4 2.4b, I was trying to decide what upgrade path I should take. I also have an Asus A7N8X-X Rev 2.0 Motherboard with a XP 2600 NON Barton chip in it.

I can't decide to go buy a P4 3.0c or get a XP 3200. Due to the budget constraints I can't afford an A64 set up right now. In about 6 months I will be able to buy something, but for now I can only afford 200-220 dollars for my upgrade. I have an ATi 9800 Pro card which should be okay for Doom3 and HL2, due to the budget cap I can't buy a new card. I do not plan on OC'ing but maybe in the future.

Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Personally are you having trouble with current games? (Beside Far Cry, B/C anyone without an A64 is :p ) I would wait and see. It would not be worth it and I would just sit tight :)

To answer your question, the place is local for me and I just call the order in and pick it up. I do have to pay taxes but thats the price you pay for having it that minute. Usually they have good deals on shipping, sometimes free depending on what it is. Plus if there was shipping, the taxes would be cheaper anyways.

Ihave never had problems with them. This will be my first time ordering from newegg. But they are the only ones that have my board at a good price. Rent will have to wait, because I want this SOOOOOOO bad. LOL

P.S.

If you hit the shipping quote button, it will give you an idea how much the shipping is.

Back