HELP! DFI LanParty NFII Ultra B issues

phasmatis_nox

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got a new (to me) DFI LanParty NFII Ultra B motherboard. I installed it in my system last night. First, I got a siren and the diagnostic LEDs told me something was wrong. Clear CMOS, it POSTs, but doesn't boot. I go to bed. Next morning, I fiddle with the IDE channels getting everything in the right place. Insert windows CD, start... ok, installing windows. Complete format to NTFS. Copying files. I leave and come back later, I find it hanging at 'Press any key to boot from CD......' I restart. Same. Nuts. I hang around and boot from CD... it acts like it wants to install windows on a clean disc. I abort. I take the HDD downstairs and format is as a slave to NTFS. Take it back upstairs, try to install windows, same thing happens. Clear CMOS. Nothing. I try again with the HDD and DVD-ROM on different channels both as master. No love. No matter what I do... I cannot get this thing to recognize the HDD. I've tried master and cable select. It was working fine in the system before I replaced the motherboard... system specs below.

DFI LanParty NFII Ultra B, replacing an MSI KT3 Ultra 2
2100+ Palomino w/ 2800+ HSF
Radeon 7000 64MB DDR
768mb DDR2700 RAM- 512 Kingston ValueRAM, 256 Elixer.
80MB OEM Samsung ATA100 HDD.
16x DVD-ROM
Generic ATA133 rounded cables
Chieftec Dragon with 425W PSU

I need to have this computer up... Help!

Not on the hard drive, but I used one of the included rounded cables with the DVD-ROM.

Well guess what.. I just tossed in an 8gb POS Drive (C) and it worked. Old drive is toast... I'll just have to live with this meager amount of data storage for the next few weeks...

Dont wanna steal this thread, but since all these people are geniuses, I just acquired another 512 stick of ram, and I was wondering which two ports out of the 3 that you used in order for the dual channel to work. Thanks in advance.

Back