Help Finding this case (Pics inside)

Thanatos.

Gawd
Well i saw this in a thread awhile ago but was never able to find out a name or manufacturer it originally was in an ebay auction but the seller couldn't remember what it was called or where he got it. Looks like a nice budget case would work great for a budget HTPC/Server that im building right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

imgp0260yk7.jpg

imgp02661id4.jpg

imgp0273ei2.jpg

That's a really cool looking case... But I don't know what company made it.

It doesn't have a name stamped on the inside?

looks like an modded aspire to me, my old aspire xgear has the same inside and everything and even comes in white, check out aspire site and see if anything matches there

looks like an modded aspire to me, my old aspire xgear has the same inside and everything and even comes in white, check out aspire site and see if anything matches there

Ditto.

Actually, looking at the drive cage setups (upper 5-1/4 and lower 3-1/2 section) looks to be of Chenbro design. Many "budget cases" use the same setup. As a matter of fact I am currently working on a Raidmax case for a client that looks exactly like that (but in black and without the front door). The only thing that makes the case you've displayed different than the cases I have seen with those same internal design/layout is the perforated left side panel, the front door, and the lit up power and reset buttons. I'm sure you can find a budget case on newegg (they have tons of pics for their cases).

Unfortunately, these cases are VERY weak. The sheet metal used is very thin and the case is really light. I had one delivered to my front door and it felt like I was just picking up a cardboard box without anything inside of it!!!! Look at the internal corners (in your pics), see the corner braces? They hardly do anything to stiffen the case (and sometimes gets in the way of your screwdriver if you need to install anything in the bottom PCI slot).

Im pretty sure it isnt a modded case i checked aspire (now apevia) and there was nothing like this there and i couldnt really find much on Chenbro cases.
Here is the original ebay listing.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Many cheap case companies uses that design.

That is a rare case indeed. Makes me want it even more.

ok, I went by the case fan...

I figured it was an xclio fan by the pattern in the centre. if the power switch is blue led then, since the fan matches, the fan must be the same make...

I didn't get very far googling for an xclio case - just that a380 model :rolleyes:

on the xclio site there is this case http://www.xclio.com/product/Case_188/188-spec.htm

anyway, these guys go under a few names MaxPoint, AplusCase, a-plus.. one big factory in china i guess? :D

Well i did quite a bit of looking this weekend to no avail but i did find a few other nice cases to keep in mind, but i still want to know what case this is, maybe if a bunch of you messaged the ebay guy he will try a little harder to dig up a name. :D

looks like an antec case to me though we all know it aint.

I do however like the listing where he boasts 6.4ghz of computing power hehe!

Good luck.

At one point i was looking for a case,and seen these,and thought of buying one,however. I ended up getting a good deal on a cooler master.

When I seen the pic in the post I just remembered the name not the model though,and did a search.

Note: I never brought one of these so i can't speak on the build quality.

A note on BZBoyz --they have horrible ratings on Resellerratings.com.

I'd look elsewhere for that case if I were you.

Back