Help, I can't uninstall mouseware

deathBOB

[H]ard|Gawd
For some reason I can't uninstall my logitech mouseware drivers. I just got a Microsoft wireless laser mouse and I want to install the software that comes with it. When I try to install it I get a message saying there is a conflicting driver that needs to be uninstalled (which is the mouseware I presume). When I hit yes it starts the uninstallation process, but then my computer restarts! I tried uninstalling the mouseware drivers in add/remove programs, and it did the same thing. WTF is going on? Is there any way to force my computer to not restart?

Edit: hmmm, I didn't think about putting it in the software section, thanks for moving it ;)

Try manually uninstalling the mouse driver from device manager. Also maybe try uninstalling mouseware in safe mode.

zutme said:
Try manually uninstalling the mouse driver from device manager. Also maybe try uninstalling mouseware in safe mode.

I did both of those. Each time it did the same restart thing.

I have seen it before, and I had to pick it out of the registry. After that, I ran jv16 Power Tools to clean up the leftover garbage. It wasn't the easiest thing I ever uninstalled. Good luck.

Thank you thank you thank you! That jv16 Power Tools program really does the trick!

Was going to suggest installing the latest mouseware drivers then trying to uninstall that but you have the problem licked.

Back