help ID this video card (hard challenge)

YeaAboutMalmrose

Weaksauce
long story short my bud gives me a video card, says its ATI and thats about it. I dont know what the hell it is and im wondering if anyone is good enough to judge by my blurry pictures:

Bottom:
videocard001.jpg

Side:
videocard002.jpg

Top:
videocard003.jpg

Thanks for anyone who can help

wait...hard challenge is and oxymoron right..? :confused:

-one sticker says G420770 with 1.03-A01 over it
-another says F2NS1(also has two sub codes on the left reading- TD49 and V26)
----on the top-----
-one says AG with a red circle with AN and 14 in it
-the other ones are bar codes, that i can post up too

thanks alot

Easy challenge would be an oxymoron. Hard challenge is redundant.

Having cleared that up, you're going to have to help us more here. Or just cut to the chase yourself. I can see an FCC logo at the rear top of the card. Go to the FCC website and you can use the FCC ID to find out what it is. I can also see an Asus logo, which leads me to believe it's more likely an nVidia-based card, possibly something in the MX2 class, since there's no fan on the heatsink.

Whats on the long white label, third picture? And you can always take the heatsink off and remount it with thermal paste. Put it in a machine as well?

at BEST a 9000 128mb, or the re-dubbed 8500 LE, or such maybe a 7000-7500.

To me with that ASUS logo, looks like a GeForce4 MX440 or such.

mjh8227 said:
Looks like this except with more memory.

That's gotta be it then. All the capacitors are in the exact same spots. I now change my vote to something in the 9200 family.

My Friend has a card similar-looking and im thinking possible a 9250 or 9250se, i used to have an se before i sold it and got my X800 :D but i recognize the RAM.

Yea im pretty sure its a 9250 in some form or another.
a9250ge_l.jpg

well...now that i look at the picture above it looks like a regular 9200 but with the amount of RAM the 9250 has.

Looking at it all I'd have to say it's a non-se 9200, looking at the 9200se pic you can see that it has less ram modules but probably the same amount of ram. Thus you must conclude from former knowledge that that asus picture is a 9200se (64bit ram) but since the original pic has the regular amount of ram instead of half the ram modules like the 9200, then it must be a normal 9200 128bit version, probability is high.

~Adam

Thanks Adam! if you need anything just say so, i work with computers solving hardware problems for 10 years now, that gives me a small "database" to help anyone who needs it.
i believe that sharing experience and helping people are close to the best things in life.
Live long and prosper
Ed

That is a DVI port, for monitors that use that type of connection (typically flat-panel LCDs and TFTs, but some CRTs use them too).

Back