help identify old board

Smititty

[H]ard|Gawd
woooo....another thread of this..........my sis gave me an old computer that is sporting a Pentium 2 300MHz......it's AT.....2 dimm slots......2 isa's outside of 2 pci slots.....ondoard vid=3D Rage PRO AGP2x<~~~what it says on the chip.......i can't see a couple of the numbers on the northbridge because the retention clip for the processor is in the way..........southbridge= FW82371AB F744TC12 SL23P..........onboard audio= ESS Audiodrive ES1869F..........it claims to be a PWA-Titan II R:2A................hope someone can find or has some specs or manual on this board........thanx for stopping by.........

I assume you have googled it? Is the system a name brand system (such as dell, emachine) or is it a "[H]ome" built one?
you got a pic?

it was from a compaq 4660........no cam so no pics..........i searched through like the first 500 or so replies on google

just like to add i know all the drivers and whatnot are on compaq's website but i was searching for specs on the board.........ah who cares......it's installing xp pro on it now..........man it's taking forever

ok, that explains a bit of it - hard to run those down as they may have been part numbered for compaq only - yeah a 300 will run xp but very slowly - you'd prolly be better off running old 98se -
in many cases the supplier for those boards are intel -

When it boots into the BIOS, it'l give a bunch of random-looking numbers and letters that you can google up to find the mobo. I got an old P133 off school and I couldn't figure out what the mobo was, found that number at boot and it turned out to be an anchient Shuttle board (couldn't overclock that specific revision either :().

well tyan made the titan series of mobo's might try digging through thier site...compaq of those days used highly proprietary parts though so you may never find any info on it, we used to get massive books from them that cost our shop like $400 and that was the only way to get info on specific components inside a compaq box

Back