Help just got AMD 64x 2

I just bought this computer, for mainly the browsing Forums and playing CS: Source, i know its not much, but im on a budget so i picked up an ---->

HP a1630n and I checked Bios, the Specs read correct, AMD 64x 2 processor 4600+, 2.4ghz, 2048mb ram, Nvidia 6150e etc..

now when I, right click on my computer, it shows

1.80 GHz, 1.93 GB of RAM, why doesnt it say 2.4GHz? or is there something i need to do to fix this?

are there updated Drivers i need to install for this integrated 6150e? to help get me some FPS on CS Source. i checked the Nvidia site for updated driver, but none

Amd cool and quiet is probably running. It throttles your machine down when you don't require more power, I believe. On my machine, I have to disable that in the bios. I say leave it alone, run a game check the cpu freq again. Or get something like Everest Home edition to really get a detailed view of your sys.

guys i have a question, ever since i first got this comp. i ran CS: Source, it plays fine, just the FPS sucks 20-40 depending on map

so if im not having any issues, should i still d/l ---> Fix #3 - The Microsoft Hotfix ?

ps- in the Options Menu, in Source, i have all my settings on LOW, disabled Color Correction, AA off, set it to Trilinear. Im glad to know that this is normal, now should i still DL Microsoft Hotfix? even though everything runs fine?

ehm, the nvidia 6150 chip is an integrated graphics chipset, running CSS on it would require very low settings, 20-40 FPS sounds about right

ehm, the nvidia 6150 chip is an integrated graphics chipset, running CSS on it would require very low settings, 20-40 FPS sounds about right
That would also explain the missing 128mb of system RAM, it's being shared with the integrated 6150.

Not much you can do about performance from that integrated graphics solution, short of installing a dedicated video card.
If all you play is CS:S, you won't need anything more than a 7600GT, and those can be had for as little as $89 at newegg.

thanks alot Guys, really appreciate it :D

im thinking maybe i should wait till, summer of 07 for new vid cards that support DX10 ? and an update from STEAM for people with Dual Cores

been reading alot of horror stories on http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515835&page=8

with people that have 8800GTX cards and they are only getting 60fps

Its just so bullshit how Source eats up more, CPU/ Graphics, then newer high-end Video games like WoW/ COD2/ BF2

but that $89 7600GT looks tempting

u could also try looking around in our forums for some cheap used parts. Or settle with a better but last gen stuff until dx10 mainstream cards are priced well. Look into a 6600GT or equiv.

In my opinion just pick up the cheap 7600GT and wait to pick up anything in anticipation for DX10. The 7600GT should play Source at 12x10 with some AA and AF at 60+ fps. As of now Vista display drivers are very poor, and there are no real DX10 games available yet. Within the next few months we'll see the release of R600 along with it's entry and mid level variants, as well as G80's entry and mid level variants. Then you can have a look at what options are available and make a DX10 choice around summertime.

thanks alot guys, your all a great asset to this Community!

thank god this computer hasn't given me any problems, so hopefully it stays this way, should i d/l HOTFIX?

Back