help me build a box

FingerSlut

Gawd
My cousin wants MS Flight Sim 2004 to run flawlessly so he can practice for an important test.

Would an Fx-51, 1 gig pc3200 xms registered ram, 74 gig raptor hd, asus sk8v, radeon x800 be over kill?

Could he play it as well on an abit nf7 with 1 gig pc3200 xms, mobile 2500( hoping for 2.5 ghz) with a 9800xt?

The price difference is a grand and some change, so i would like to save him some money and not go balls out if i dont need to,

so youre building a whole computer to practice for a test? jezz.

yeh that would run it fine, it runs fine on my dads 2.6 with a 9700Pro and a gig of ram

FingerSlut said:
Would an Fx-51, 1 gig pc3200 xms registered ram, 74 gig raptor hd, asus sk8v, radeon x800 be over kill?

Yes. Just to play FS 2k4, most definitely.

The other setup you mentioned would run the game fine, just make sure you get 1 gig of RAM... probably PC3200 or faster and you should be fine.

I'm running the game great on the setup in my sig.

i think id run great on the second system, id be concentrating more on flight controllers for msfs2004. some of the high end controllers get expensive

kronchev said:
so youre building a whole computer to practice for a test? jezz.

I'm a pilot, but the game didn't really help with my flight training. . . . :D

Why doesn't he just take the $1000 he's going to spend on a computer that won't really accurately simulate flying and spend it on aircraft rental fees and instruction.... just my thoughts..has he played the game much before?

its still just a video game. i mean if you really wanted to invest the money, you could get some sort of multi-monitor setup with the full set of aircraft controls, then it be pretty realistic.

well hes my cousin, and hes training to be a helicopter pilot. My uncle did the same, and used ms 2004 to practice the basic crap or something to do good on the tests and not spend money on actual flying. I dont know specifics, they just didnt want to spend 3 grand on a dell xps, so they called me.

you would definetly save money building the system over buying it from dell. price out a system from newegg with the same specs as the xps they want to get then see where you stand.

The second system should do just fine. You could always go with an X800pro in the second system since they aren't too expensive. And it would be more future proof.

thanks brad, im gonna go with the x800 pro if it ever comes in stock by the time i get all the parts...maybe one for myself as well ;) Im getting that volcano12 to oc that mobile so it isnt limited.

Back