help me buy a fan controller

evanisthecoastie

Supreme [H]ardness
ok, just bought TWO (yes two) vantec tornado case fans for exauhst, I want them to run at variable speeds as they are the only two loud fans i have. My question is i need help choosing a fully manual fan controller to use. I dont like the automated ones, i like to be in control of my airflow. Im having trouble finding a high quality one as there arnt many on any major website that i know of. Plust they look kind of cheap. Suggestions?

ok, so whats the threshold thing on this? does it actually turn the tornados off? or will my computer still float away

i just thought it looked nice... I use a T-balancer for all my fans.. I like setting up temp curves and letting mine run as silent as possible...

I agree the sunbeam one is way cheaper.... and probably better. I just have an eye for lian li stuff

I bet you could run TWO on one channel... but don't :p
The site says each channel can handle up to 20 watts. They include a "4 pin y". It looks like their implying that you can run more than one fan on a channel. Do you know if it can handle more than one fan, if I'm talking about much quieter, slower fans (Antec stealth) than the tornado.
I ask because I am making a case move to the CM Stacker 830. The reason is, I want to get away from 80mm fans and run 120's slower. The hope being I get similar cfm for less db.

I plan on getting the CM Stacker 830, too. As far as i am aware, most fan controllers allow you to you y-adapters to 2 fans can be used on a single channel. I mean, how else are people running the 4 fans on the side of the stacker 830, i doubt people use a seperate channel for each fan.

Thanks. Well, I'll get 2 controllers if need be.

nono. The controller has FOUR channels (knobs)

I said, "I bet you could run both fans on 1 channel (ie one of the knobs) without overloading it, leaving three more channels open"

I don't recommend doing this though.

Fan controllers are powered by a single molex connector, right? Is this enough to power 4 fans, for example?

I have used this controller in the past and it has served me well. A major advantage is that it uses one of those pesky 3.5" that often go unfilled now that floppy drives are defunct.
Each Channel Supports Up To 18 Watts. Control Voltage From 0V to 12V. Manually Adjust From FULL SPEED to OFF. Great for Vantec Tornado Or Other High CFM Fans.

Yes, the fan controller is powered by one connector and is sufficient for your fans.

are there any like the vantec, but without LEDs?

i don't want to have to snip them out if i ever get a fan controller.

Back