Help me choose a Headset (3 choices)

Gongo

Limp Gawd
I'm looking at buying a nice headset as I dont usually use my speakers. I did some research and have decided between the Medusa Gamer Pro 5.1, the Steelsound 5H, and the Razr Barracuda.

currently i'm leaning to the Medusa as I also love to listen to music and it seems that the medusa has the best bass performance out of the 3.

anyone have opinions?

I had the Steelsound 5H v1's and liekd them. The Steelsound 5h v2's improve in every area that came up short in the v1's.

They are also only $48.99 after a $30 mail in rebate at Amazon. Here is the link: 5H v2

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The Barracuda is terrible according to what I've heard. I would suggest getting one of the Sennheiser sets, either the PC150 or PC160. The 150 is said to be a better value.

I have the Sennheiser with the USB, can't remember the model and there are no model numbers on the headset.but they are really nice, but my speakers blow them away.

Get Sennheiser hd 280 pro and don't fall for the gimmicky "progaymer" marketing. I've only read bad experiences with the razer set.

i switched from my 2.1 speakers to a Plantronics DSP-500 and in FPS games it was incredible. In fact, when i play FPS now I only use headphones. IMO 5.1 headphones made a huge difference in my gaming.

The medusa's are terrible. I have a set sitting in my closet right now. The sound quality isn't very good and the 5.1 is definitely a gimmick. Spend the money to get a decent set of headphones instead.

I would advise against them.

they had the 5h and the siberia's for $9.99 AR. i'm not sure if that deal's still going.

but i recommend going the sennheiser route. much higher quality headphones for around the same price (if you were paying full price for the 5h or siberia's).

Gongo said:
i switched from my 2.1 speakers to a Plantronics DSP-500 and in FPS games it was incredible. In fact, when i play FPS now I only use headphones. IMO 5.1 headphones made a huge difference in my gaming.
2-channel headphone surround is much more immersive than 2-channel speakers. A good pair of Sennheiser cans would blow away any 5.1 headphone setup.

Back