Help me choose a memory

wormbaby

Weaksauce
Ok, I had the Crucial Ballistix since Jan., and the memory recently failed. I sent it back to newegg for a replacement, but since the memory are discontinued, they are refunding me back the $309. So, which memory should I choose now? Thanks for the help.

Asus P5W DH Deluxe
E6600
Evga 8800 GTS
Corsair HX520

Here buddy this best advice I can give you.. this sites probly has the best info you can get..

Id tryed to buy the D9-XXXX Micron chips or ProMOS Brand stuff. Also find you mboard compatiblity list and look through it. that mite give you a better idea of whats been tested with you current board.

http://ramlist.ath.cx/ddr2/

;) pm if you need anymore advice..

You could save the money for a new vid card and get a 4gb kit as they are cheap now.

The reason I don't go with 4gb is because I'm only using XP right now. How about this one. I konw it work best on a 680i board, but it should work pretty decent on my asus. Or do you think an OCZ Reaper will be better?

Corsair Dominator

OCZ Reaper

My recommendation is the OCZ Reaper. Very stable, overclockable and durable. I haven't had any personal experience with the Dominator so I can't comment on them but the price premium isn't worth it. Get the Reapers, save the $155 and put it towards another upgrade.

well, I couldn't get the refund since I no longer uses the same credit card I used to purchase those rams. But they did exchange it for the $350 pair of Corsair Dominator, so I still comes up on top. Bought a $309 ram a year ago, and now I exchange it for a ram that's worth $350. Got to love newegg.

Martin

Back